1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Luxor Tower King vs. Mirage Resort King

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by QuoVadimus, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuoVadimus

QuoVadimus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi All-

Seeking the advice of the masses here. I'm currently booked for one night in late July in a Luxor in a Tower King because a great rate came in. Just received an offer for a Resort King at The Mirage for just $40 more, both are still much less than many other competing properties.

I have never stayed at The Mirage, is it worth an extra $40? Why or why not?

We like Luxor for its proximity to Mandalay Bay, which has some of our favorite restaurants. Doesn't seem like Mirage has something like the Border Grill nearby- any suggestions?

Note- we're moving to Caesar's Palace after this one night stay, no matter where it is.

2. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally I'd absolutely recommend the Mirage over the Luxor (I'm pretty sure you won't be able to find a single person on this board who would even attempt to argue the Luxor's rooms are nicer).

But since you're going to be moving to CP the next day, I'd say just stick with the Luxor since it's at the other end of the strip. CP and The Mirage are literally right next to each other. Moving between the two will be nothing but a hassle. At least with the Luxor you'll get to experience the south side of the strip a little more.

But if rooms are your only consideration, there's no comparison: pick the Mirage.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you prefer M-Bay, then Luxor makes sense. But, you are only there for a day,so....

Hotel to hotel - Mirage is better than Luxor.

We generally will walk a hotel or two with our bags in tow for a room change. Going from Mirage to CP is not bad, which means I would pick Mirage in this case.

But, in this case, I would see what it would cost to just add a day to CP and skip all that checkout and check in crap again.

4. QuoVadimus

QuoVadimus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, CP wants $300 more than the Mirage offer, which is $40 more than Luxor for that one night.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yikes.

Guessing with all your 17 trips to Vegas, CET no longer gives you free rooms. That $uck$.

6. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd go with the Mirage too. Lots of great mid tier places to eat there. CPK, BLT Burger and BB Kings Blues restaurant for cheap eats.

7. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BB King's is closed.

8. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's good news (IMO anyway). We never did care for it and used to love the Caribe Cafe that was in there. MGM has stripped just about every bit of tropical decor out of the Mirage....the only thing that still looks good is the pool area. Such a shame...it used to be such a beautiful resort that made you feel like you were in the tropics.

9. QuoVadimus

QuoVadimus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I actually cancelled and rebooked to The Signature for the same price as the Mirage.
    Thanks for the input.

10. bassman69

bassman69 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I say, stay at Luxor, like the above poster said, why bother staying at the Mirage just to move 1 hotel up the street. might as well make the most of it and get both ends of the strip.

On anothe subject as Dean said the MGM's detheming of some of their properties is a crime, Mirage and Luxor are prime examples.

11. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally, I would say go with Mirage. Its the much better property and is in excellent proximity to other options as well (although not Mandalay Bay). However, if its only for one night, save the forty bucks and go with the one you are certain is next to the restaurants you like. One night is no big deal, especially if it is your first night in town. Just get up the next morning and check your bags at Caesars ASAP

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.