1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Luxor steakhouse

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by QIKFIX, May 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QIKFIX

QIKFIX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can I get some opinions on this steakhouse.

What is the typical cost of meal w drinks n appetizers?

Is a res necessary?

Thanks
    Q

2. luci5

luci5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Menu and prices are on their website. I would suggest reservations with the number of MyVegas coupons going around.

3. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I ate there last year. I thought it was pretty good. My wife thought, eh. She had the Rib-eye and I had the Bison rib-eye. Both were fine but the Bison was a bit smaller, 14 oz I believe. For appetizer I had the kobi chili which was very good and I forget what she had. I plan on getting a chili to go sometime this upcoming trip.

We don't drink so the meal with soft drinks and tip came out to $250 I believe.

It was fine, but nothing special.

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  4. queentata

queentata High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love it, but not necessarily for the steaks. We have eaten in the lounge area several times, and they have great service and great apps,like raw tuna three ways, etc. I will def. want to check out the menu before our trip, as we have the coupon, but may def. just sit in the lounge and have apps and drinks.

5. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My friend and I ate there last year, back when MyVegas had the $100 credit reward. I made my res using opentable. We both had either soup or salad, I had a steak and she had one of the specials, can't remember what it was. We also shared a couple of sides. She had a glass of wine and I had tea. The meal consumed the $100 credit and not much more.

The menu with prices is on their website, unless the costs have gone crazy, we couldn't have eaten more than we did for $100.

The food was good, the bread was amazing. We wouldn't return as there are too many better places in Vegas, we are very fond of the steakhouse at Excal and Ruth Chris at Harrahs is our fave.
    diane

6. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go there 6-7 times a year. Always have good meals at reasonable prices.
    I usually get the filet which is very good. Nice ambiance.

7. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Agreed. We went there last year when my gf had a $150(?) MyVegas voucher for it. I had the bison ribeye as well, based on recommendations from this board. It was very good, but I'd say overall the meal was on par with my expectations of the place.

MyVegas also has a $50 dining award for Monte Carlo which you can use at Brand. We each had one and I was really surprised by how good Brand was, I didn't expect it. In fact, my gf and I got into a fight and she left the table but I stayed because I wanted to finish the delicious meal. :thumbsup:

8. pressitagain

pressitagain Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We go to this restaurant each Vegas visit.

After this last visit, I would say that it is the most consistent restaurant of all the restaurants that we frequent.

The food quality is very good. The service is not overbearing. The price of the food is typical of any "upper" scale restaurant. I would say $75 to $100 per person is standard.

In our 5 visits, we haven't used any type of reservation. Usually about a 10 minute wait, when you walk up.

Enjoy!!!!

9. GilGunderson

GilGunderson Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had it a couple years ago, and there are people who swear by it that i know. Steak is good, but the soups are excellent. Drinks are well made. Their non steak dishes are what they excel at. I recommend it. Underrated restaurant.

10. sandybeachbar

sandybeachbar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was also there with a girlfriend last June with a 150.00 myvegas comp. We had a bottle of wine and two filets .We were told at the end of the dinner we still had room left over and because we did not want dessert the waiter gave us a lovely bottle of wine to take with us. We thought the steakhouse was nice ,the food good and the service outstanding. I would definitely recommend it.

11. QIKFIX

QIKFIX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just looked through the drinks menu.

$18 for knob creek, ouch!!

Q

12. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    welcome to vegas for there prices there are better options

rember you will spend around 100$ a person with drinks minum for a top steak house in vegas

13. tipdrill

tipdrill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my buddy did the luxor steakhouse and the SW steakhouse in the trip. He said there honestly wasn't much of a difference food wise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.