1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Luggage on bus?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by jburp, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jburp

jburp Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Changing hotels so I need to get from Harrahs to MGM. Is luggage allowed on the bus? I will have a 21 inch piece with wheels, so it won't be to bad to handle.

2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would take the Monorail. Easy access at Harrah's. Longer walk at MGM, but prolly shorter than taking the bus.

3. zlanga

zlanga Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed, and you don't have to cross the street twice.

USBC Open
  4. dewey089

dewey089 Guru of Value

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Luggage is fine on the SDX or the Deuce. Large luggage on strip buses is a hassle whenever the buses are crowded. I'd go on the Deuce as that stop is very near Harrah's.

It sounds like you don't have the kind of bag I carry.

http://vegasonthebus.blogspot.com/2012/06/i-rarely-advise-against-bus-travel-but.html

I recommend that you sit in the middle of the bus for easy exit from the Deuce. There are seats that face the exit door, and along side of them is a space where your luggage will fit.

If you do go on the SDX I also would recommend being near the center door. The problem with the SDX and luggage is that folks are using the same door to enter as you use to exit.

My memory of the monorail dropoff at MGM was that it was a long walk to get to the checkin.

5. runningonthehub

runningonthehub Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would hop in a cab and be done with it. Less hassle and should not be too expensive.

6. Mitkraft

Mitkraft High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second the vote for the monorail. I'm not familiar with the path from a Harras room to the corresponding monorail station but I'm betting its not bad and is much easier than getting out to the bus.

Those that are saying the MGM monorail is a hike from the front desk might be forgetting that there are two ways out of the monorail station (if I remember correctly). One of them takes you to the escalators near the self-park entrance that goes right up to check-in. There is an elevator there also if you are too bag heavy to use the escelator.

Short of that I'd defenitly say use a cab. Forget the bus.

7. jburp

jburp Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, I think I will ride the monorail. I am actually checking in at The Signature. Any idea if that is around the MGM stop. Never been to The Signature.

8. HM7

HM7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah it's right by the entrance to the Signature walkway.

9. runningonthehub

runningonthehub Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A quick check on Google maps will give you a good ideal of what you're dealing with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.