1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Low-play with host comp at Aria

Discussion in 'Comps' started by bacclover, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bacclover

bacclover Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i've recently played only 65-70% of the "expected" play on my recent trip setup by an Aria host (3 nights comped + 2 show tix to Pink). I stopped because I was already up decently and didn't wanna donate it all back.

Should I be worried of being blacklisted by the host? Would it get him into trouble ?

Ever since that trip, my Mlife.com offers were nothing but that meaningless 15% plat discount.

2. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    70% of expected play is not bad enough to get "blacklisted". The host may be wary of doing anything beyond booking offers for you in the future, but he certainly won't be "in trouble." Realize that a certain percentage of people zero play these offers and yours was not a particularly lavish offer to begin with.

3. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not aware of any "blacklist". But to address the issue, it probably depends on your play history. If this trip was the first time you used the host and you low played this trip, then that host may not have much interest in helping you in the future. But if you have a consistent history of playing higher than you did last trip, several people have posted on this board in the past that one low play trip shouldn't impact your host relationship. They all understand that we don't play the same amount every trip (unless you're a degenerate like me :Þ )

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it is difficult to truly understand if one played at 70%. Maybe in your case you know exactly.

Even so, it is even more difficult to understand the current "mood" with not only your host, but his boss and the entire marketing department. That moves up and down.

Then there is the issue of a "false trip". Happened to us once. Three weeks in advance, I asked host about show tickets. He booked them right then. Towards the end of the actual trip, I asked about comps and he could not figure it out and then asked about my low play trip three weeks earlier. Ah!!! The ticket comp triggered a comp visit in their system.

I will also add that Aria hosts, or at least the _____ that I work with are very tight compared to other MGM properties.

5. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

I have never heard of a blacklist. If you happen to miss out on future front end comps, i would not be worried about it. You can always play your usual amount and chances are you can get taken care of on the backend. With that said, I dont think one low play trip will affect your offers.

6. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think anyone believes there is an actual "blacklist" for low playing an offer or host booking. I think the OP was just using that expression to communicate his query about whether the host might not want to work with him anymore.

7. Iceicecool

Iceicecool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play $200-400 a hand BJ at Planet Hollywood and have been for a few years. I took a bunch of friends with me on a trip last year and my host comped me a 2 bdrm Panarama Suite and she confirmed limo pickup. Well the limo never showed up so we took a taxi. Let's just say I didn't play a dime at any CET property that trip and now my host will not even respond to my emails anymore. At check in the lady said that the limo was never booked into the system. Never received an apology from my host.

8. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You probably did yourself a favor.

9. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seriously. It's either time to find a new host or a new property

10. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, that's some BS.

I'll definitely drop that host.

With that kind of play, which is very similar to my play; you should be good at Aria. Which is where I stay front end comp'd for the past few trips.

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe the host forgot to book the limo. Maybe the host booked it, but it did not "stick" in the system or got lost. Maybe the host did not know it was not booked, so therefore, no apology. Maybe the front desk person was in error.

Maybe because of your low/zero play your host dropped you.

Maybe, maybe....

12. Iceicecool

Iceicecool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm already over it. I'm not mad at her or anything. I can still stay at PH for 5 nights comped using the calendar. And to the other poster, I do stay at Aria also. I'll be there next week. I have abut 6-7 hotels that I rotate through in Vegas. I just really like the Panarama 2 Bd at PH for the times when I bring 6-8 people and we only want to party.

13. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't blame your host for not speaking to you now. It sounds like you no-played her when you had a problem instead of calling on her to correct the problem (at least if you did you didn't say you did).

Not a big deal. CET is huge. You can pick up someone else at PH or move on to one of your other properties.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.