1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Lotus of Siam - walking from SLS?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by FuzzyDiceCraps, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps High-Roller

My wife and I love Thai food, and we've been told Lotus of Siam has the best Thai in the city. Looking at the map, its about 3 blocks east of SLS.

I've never been to SLS since its been rebranded, my question is whether or not that is a walkable trip (both in terms of the path and the neighborhood). We're thinking of either cabbing or monorailing it up to SLS to check it out then walking over to Lotus of Siam for lunch, and then back to SLS.

Its been so long since I've been north of Encore I don't remember anything up that way.

Thanks.

2. akhoya362

akhoya362 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The neighborhood is pretty bland -- mostly strip malls and the like. I think it would be fairly sketchy at night, though it should be fine during the day. (Basing this off of the SUV ride I took to Lotus of Siam for the Fourth of July holiday.) I found the food overrated, but I also order the most boring dish on the menu (pad thai, but spicy). The restaurant is also a bit tricky to find -- lost in a sea of strip mall stores. My group almost gave up and headed for a nearby Korean restaurant instead.

3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Walkable yes but I don't know if I'd do it at night. and yes pad thai is a boring dish to order there :)

4. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just remember that blocks are long in Las Vegas so it will take longer to get to the place. Actually google maps show that Lotus of Siam is probably more like 8 or 9 blocks away from the SLS so you will probably take 20 or so minutes to walk to the place.

As another poster mentioned it isn't easy to find so make sure you get the correct address so you don't get lost. My first time I kept driving back and forth because there was no sign for the place on Sahara ave at the time. Google maps street view shows there is now a sign for the restaurant (there is also a pool hall in the complex). Unfortunately the entrance to the restaurant is inside the strip mall so you have to walk around the outside of the strip mall to get into the parking lot and restaurant entrance.

FYI, there are buses that go down Sahara so you can pick it up outside the SLS to get you to the restaurant.

5. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Walked it last September. Definitely doable (15-20 minutes if I recall). Boring walk and a tad dark, but I never found it intimidating.

As for the food, give a good look to their Northern menu and try something new.

6. Sinatraatthesands

Sinatraatthesands Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a Vegas local. It's farther than 3 blocks. Go to the gun garage on Dean Martin first and see if they will let you borrow a machine gun for a couple hours for the walk. Take a cab or bus.

7. KevinF2020

KevinF2020 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    According to google maps it's 1.2 miles (5 minutes by car) from SLS to Lotus of Siam. It's not a great neighborhood either. I remember the strip mall that it's in having vacant stores and being real run down.

The food we thought was very good though and reasonably priced. I'm not even a big Thai food fan and I liked it.

Hope you enjoy!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.