1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Lotus of Siam, Red 8, Wazusu, or Wing Lei

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Flowers, Oct 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm finalizing my trip plans and considering one of the four restaurants above for solo dining one night during my Thanksgiving trip. I know the restaurants are very different but would still appreciate any thoughts from VMBers who have tried any of the above and, if more than one, how they compare. I know the ambiance at the Wynncore restaurants will be superior to Lotus of Siam.

I dined solo at Lotus of Siam many years ago and enjoyed it but it seems like that would be more enjoyable with two or more people where you could share dishes. Thai food, however, is my favorite Asian food, followed by Chinese and then Korean. Not a huge Japanese fan but open to trying some dishes. I'm probably one of the few folks on the boards that does not care for sushi.

I also heard great things about Le Thai downtown but for the evening in question, I'd rather dine at a Wynncore restaurant or at Lotus of Siam.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

2. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't eaten at the others but we eat at Wazuzu each time we are in Vegas.

Drunken Noodles are outstanding.

3. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not terribly well versed in Asian grub - Wazuzu is the only one of those I've tried. But I like it a lot. +1 for the drunken noodles (w/beef, spice level 4/5). And the crispy Brussels sprouts appetizer is a must.

4. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys. I'd rather stay on property so I may try Wazuzu. I checked out the website again and this is what it says, with a note about the drunken noodles at the end.

"Inventive fare in a wondrously unanticipated environment is what you'll find in Wazuzu at Encore. Chef Chen Wei Chan's exceptional Pan-Asian menu features flavors inspired by Chinese, Japanese, and Thai cuisine. Chef Chan’s training as a painter in Taiwan shows in the artful plating of his dishes, which succeed in being as beautiful as the glittering 27-foot dragon made of ninety thousand individual crystals that is the focal point of Wazuzu’s bold décor. Be sure to try the drunken noodles that were featured on Food Network’s "Best Thing I Ever Ate.""

5. SDSteve

SDSteve Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another vote for Wazuzu. I love it.

6. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wing Lei wins. I've had dinner at all the ones you named and Wing Lei is the best choice but the most expensive of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.