1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Lotus of Siam Buffet - DISCONTINUED

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by VegasGroove, Sep 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which is a good thing because their menu is chock-full of delicious dishes and the real attraction here.

Love LOS! It's a must-do every trip!

2. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting. A number of years ago they were the "hidden" gem, their lunch buffet was cheap at less than $6 and they made the newspapers "best of" because of their cheap price and good food. After people heard about it then the place got very busy with the lunch crowd, so much that they raised their buffet prices to close to $7 and then raised it again a year or two later.

I guess that more people were ordering from the main menu so there wasn't a need for the buffet? Either that or it wasn't cost effective to have the buffet.

Funny, even with the address it is hard to find the restaurant (in a strip mall, but the entrance isn't visible from Sahara ave., you have to go into the parking lot to see the entrance). One thing I did see when I visited the restaurant, I found the Green Door in the same strip mall. I walked in but since it was in the afternoon there wasn't anything going on.

3. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    More likely that LOS is consistently awarded honors for some of the best Thai food in North America.

Truth be told, LOS is AMAZING. BUT...Chada Thai is better.

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

The end of a mostly Chinese lunch buffet in one of the best Issan Thai restaurants in the states is not a loss.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.