1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Lots of Spa Treatments, Gambling, Good Food and Shows -- Caesars and Encore

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Flowers, Jul 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I just wrote the longish post below in reply to a post by Mrs. Furi and it wound up being an impromptu short trip report of the trip I just ended so I thought I would re-post it here. Sorry I have no pictures and there's not a lot of detail but I did want to share my experiences with my fellow VMBers as I really appreciate all of you that take the time to post such great and informative trip reports.

Let me also say to Packer and other Wynncore gurus that I really "get it" in terms of your love of Wynncore. I'm only torn because being Seven Stars at CET (and just having made 150k this past trip to carry me through March 2017), I feel like it would be foolish for me NOT to continue to give CET some play while I take advantage of my Seven Stars benefits. In addition, as I like long trips (7-9 days), I'll need CET to compliment whatever comped nights I can get at Wynncore. Even with my recent CET disappointments, there are some aspects of the CET group that I like but from a pure beauty/ambiance/enjoyment and customer service standpoint, there's no comparison for me between Wynncore and CET. The former wins hands down.

Here's my re-post from another thread.

Long story short on my most recent trip is I lost badly (even with getting a couple of royals and Aces with a kicker playing TDB) but otherwise had a FANTASTIC time, especially with my Vegas BFF DBueler. Also had fun gambling experiences, including turning $900 into $2600 at a $25 Wynn blackjack table, starting at 1:30 am and ending around 9 am that morning. The memories with multiple dealers and pit bosses over two shifts and really learning the game (and winning using my strategy card), will stay with me for a long time. It was also fun playing in the daily slot tournaments at Encore (free entry if you earn 500 points in one day.) I never won but it was a blast nevertheless and now tournament entry includes 2 buffet passes for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The passes are good for 72 hours. That is a GREAT promo.

I ADORE the Encore Tower Suites :blowkiss: and Spa (had a facial there by Andrea) -- the place is so extraordinary I wanted to cry -- had TWO massages (at the beginning and end of my trip by Erlinda at the Flamingo -- yeah, she's that good that I trek from Caesars to Flamingo to get a massage from her) and had a Sand and Foam treatment (basically a scrub with vichi showers) at Qua by Christian, who was fabulous. Had the best ever manicure by Lori at the Michael Boychuck salon at Caesars. (Seeing her for a manicure each trip on the day before I return home is a must do for each trip. This is my fourth time.) I still love the Qua spa but Encore has a decadence that is otherworldly. Also enjoyed the Encore pool. Amazing. And the Encore bathroom amenities are all Molton Brown products. I tipped each day and now have a massive bag of products that I brought back with me. :) Steve Wynn knows how to build and run hotels. Wow. In me he has a customer for life.

Half the trip was at Caesars and half was at Encore Tower Suites. All nights were comped. Meals included Giada for dinner (as DBueler noted, the check in desk had serious attitude by not so classy young ladies but the meal and service by Kevin were spectacular), Ruth Chris Steakhouse, Border Grill for dinner, Border Grill for Saturday brunch, Smashburger at Fashion Show Mall, Camelot Steakhouse for dinner at Excalibur, French toast at Mon Ami Gabi, SW for dinner, Wynn Buffet for dinner, French toast at Society Cafe at Encore, Harrah's buffet brunch and more. Shows included Raiding the Rock Vault at Tropicana, Reba with Brooks and Dunn at CP, and Kathy Griffin at the Mirage. Used Diamond show tix to see 50 Shades the Parody but DBueler and I left discretely about 20 minutes in.

Flew out via Jet Blue in what for me is the best seat on the plane. Seat 10A (TWO FEET of leg room in front of me in a massive exit row and with no one in the middle seat) on their new A321 planes. Used FF points. Flew back on Virgin America, First Class, using my Diamond Aspirations $750 travel credit + about $30 of my own money. If I could afford it, I would fly First Class ALL of the time on long flights, especially from Vegas when I'm coming back from a week with little sleep to an intense work life. I got on the plane sleep deprived early this am and arrived at JFK early this evening feeling pretty rested caused I stretched out in a very roomy seat in First Class, with NO ONE NEXT TO ME, and slept HARD after enjoying a very good breakfast at the beginning of the flight.

In almost 25 years of going to Vegas, I lost more on this trip than I have during any other but actually brought a few (just a few) bucks of my bankroll back. Had such a great time though. My one major regret is that some of my Caesars stay was at the beginning of my trip and I used about 75 percent of my bankroll at Caesars and about 25 percent at Wynncore. I should have done the reverse for a number of reasons but because my first three nights of my trip were at Caesars and those were heavy play days, that's where a lot of my play took place. (Even the CET host who comped all of my charges -- about $600 -- gave me a look that conveyed I was undercomped but that's all I had charged to the room.) Those three nights were followed by four at Encore Tower Suites and then the final two back at Caesars.

For my next trip I will START my stay at Encore and stay for as long as the many comped days as I can get and then I'll move to Caesars.

2. sam_marques

sam_marques High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report, thanks for sharing. Sorry about the losses though.. The last few trips I have to stay at the WynnCore, I love it so much, but also combine with mlife to comp all nights. I haven't stayed at Wynn since last year April and then they still had the lemon shower gels (which I loved) so look forward to try the Molten brown. I'm a slot player and the info you posted on the other thread was so helpful because I've always wanted to do a slot tourney, and we had planned to eat at the buffet a few meals because I'm travelling with my young son, I'd already arranged a line pass through my host, so comp buffets will be great!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    Mommys Solo Trips
  3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report!

Sucks about the results though. TDB is a terribly rough game, I generally avoid it like the plague. Especially if DSTP was on top of it. Hopefully you got at least 9/5 when you played.

I hope Diane found 6/5 Bonus for nickels on the STP machines this time!

4. MrsFuri

MrsFuri Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    duplicate.

5. MrsFuri

MrsFuri Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First class on Virgin, pretty much is the best thing ever (at least in Domestic Air Travel)! I love it!

So glad you had a great trip Flowers, despite the loss!

-MrsFuri

6. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sam M, sounds like the tourney and buffet pass promo will be perfect for you!

Tringlomane, Thanks! I always plan to do a thorough trip report with photos, etc. and it never happens but I'm proud of myself for doing this one! I also meant to add that I did a coupon run downtown, which was fun. I had planned to eat at Le Thai but for timing reasons didn't make it. I want to try Le Thai next trip and make a second stop at Lotus of Siam. Yes, I was playing TBD with DSTP. Yeah, a killer. I normally don't play TBD but instead DDB with DSTP. I tried a few hands though and of course got 4 2s with a kick for 2000 credits playing quarters, so then I was hooked, hoping for four 4 Aces with a kicker (4000 credits) with a multiplier. LOL. The stuff of dreams. It wasn't 9/5 unforunately but instead was 8/5 at Caesars and I believe 8/5 at Wynn as well on quarters.

Thanks Mrs. F re: the trip. It was enjoyable, even with the loss. And when I had wins they were really fun, like the blackjack experience.

I'm already planning my Christmas to New Years trip!

7. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is awesome, now I don't have to do a trip report! LOL. Wonderful trip with exceptional meals, great shows (except 50 Shades Parody, but hey... I loved 50 shades and don't want it made fun of... haha), and lots of conversation time (our meals take 3 hours... don't judge!). The spa at Encore was everything FFlowers said and more, it was the first time I fell asleep on heated rock loungers and, while I was horrified that I wasted time sleeping, it was sublime. Erlinda at the Flamingo NEVER fails to disappoint, best massage ever ... my fourth trip of being Erlinda's girl.

Special shout-out to Kathy Griffen, she knows how to make you scream laughing with a simple sentence. Great show, would see her again in a heartbeat.

I stayed at Bally's this time, some of you might remember I divorced the Flamingo after an 8 year-ish relationship. What a great decision that was. I loved the Jubilee rooms at Ballys! I was in the last room at the end of the hallway with a great south view facing the fountains. The fountains were SO loud... I could even hear the music. I had read about, and was warned about, club noise but it was very minor. I couldn't hear music from the club at all, every 15 min or so I could hear crowd noise and kids screaming, then it would fade away. I was on floor #62, which I think is actually floor #12 and was pleased the club noise wasn't a big deal at all for me. The jackhammers building the new CVS, on the other hand, were awful. They started at 8am and didn't stop, not once that I heard anyway, until 5pm. I didn't complain because there isn't much Bally's can do about the CVS, I'm just pleased it should be built and done by my next trip. I loved Bally's so much, I booked 5 nights for my Christmas trip from my room :) Helpful staff, more folks my age and less of the noisy club crowd suits me well.

I never waited more than 1 minute (seriously) for an elevator. Over 6 days, I only shared an elevator a handful of times. The elevators were quick and my key worked in the room door every single time. You would think you could take these simple things for granted on vacation, the Flamingo certainly proved that wrong the last trip!
    diane

8. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you had a better Bally's Jubilee experience than we had. When we were facing the shops, music from the shops played constantly even though the shops weren't even open! I suppose that was fixed. Sucks about the construction. We had the same issue at Linq in April, but like you say, not much you can do about that. And I think we would have enjoyed our Jubilee room better if we had all 3 elevators functioning in Feb. instead of just 1. But thanks to two shitty experiences with rooms labeled 6020 at two different hotels, we'll never take 6020 again!

Hopefully you found some 6/5 Bonus (or better) for nickels or less...or maybe even some 7/5 Bonus with STP at Bally's for pennies...*crosses fingers*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.