1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Losing health insurance - can new insurance deny me for recent claims?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by user3657, Jun 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3657

user3657 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am losing health insurance soon..I think I tore my chest last week....or strained it...Its been almost a week and still hurts just as much....with limited mobility

Problem is if I start to get this looked at now, can I be denied personal health insurance? Or should I wait until I have coverage before going??? They say with a torn chest its best to get it repaired as soon as possible. Id atleast like to get it looked at so I know what happened and how bad it is...

2. joesmom

joesmom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would go ahead and get it looked at. Are you going to be getting your healthcare coverage through the exchange? (obamacare) If so they you can't be denied due to preexisitng conditions and they have to cover them. I had to get insurance through the exchange this year as the company I had worked for closed and I was in the middle of breast cancer treatment. My treatments were about $3000 every three weeks for a year and that was the insurance rate - was billed at $8000. I had no problem with my new insurance paying and did not have to fill out any medical paperwork. You can get insurance through the exchange at any time as long as you meet certain conditions - I would check it out. I don't know how this works for insurance not on the exchange.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exchange or not, you can no longer be denied for a pre-existing condition. But, if you go with the exchange, you might qualify for a monthly subsidy.

Christmas
  4. zoobrew

zoobrew Tourist

How did you tear your chest? If it was work related, you could have issues using your personal insurance.

5. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You need to get it checked. They can't deny a diagnosed pre enxisting condition. However, this could be something acute that you may be able to complete treatment on before your current coveage ends.

6. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True. But then it is likely covered by workers comp, so problem solved :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.