1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Looking for tips on a Denver/Golden/Red Rocks trip

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by AceRothstein80, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AceRothstein80

AceRothstein80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I posted about this a few months back, and appreciate the replies I got. I am heading to Denver area in a few weeks for a concert at red rocks. I am staying in Golden while I am there, and will have a rental car

Looking for tips on places to eat, breweries to go to, hikes to take, possible white water rafting spots, good places for the newly minted marijuana laws, and also possibly places to rent a Jeep or UTV to offroad

I have looked into going to Estes Park, for Offroading and hiking, I willing to travel anywhere from 45-60 miles to do so, but also would like local, closer to Golden Places

Food wise, I really prefer Diners Drives in and dive type places. Any good food truck tips would be great.

I may attend a Rockies game one night, so anything to eat or do around the ballpark would be great too

And of course, any and all tips for Red Rocks

Thanks

2. Ernie Vegas

Ernie Vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The area around the ballpark is full of brewpubs and restaurants. Falling Rock Tap Room and Breckenridge Colorado Craft (just had their IPA last night at DIA) are two I"ve enjoyed. Wynkoop Brewpub and the Union Station are a few blocks farther. Lots of good places in LoDo, but nothing I'd label DDD-like. Always good food and cocktails at TAG Restaurant on Larimer. If you want an actual DDD place, Atomic Cowboy is out on East Colfax. If you're a South Park fan, you might want to visit the real Casa Bonita which is out on West Colfax. Don't eat there, just drive by. lol

The only thing I've done in Golden is drive up Lookout Mountain to visit Buffalo Bill's grave and the museum there.

As for Red Rocks, not much to offer except go early and enjoy yourself. We like the dirt parking lot off of Ship Rock Rd vs the one off Trading Post Rd. The Birdseye View on Bing Maps will give you a good lay of the land.

3. Ernie Vegas

Ernie Vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, Ace. Curious how your trip went. Just got back from a couple days in Denver myself. Went from a day at RiotFest with Anthrax, Iggy Pop, Ice Cube, Cypress Hill, and the like to a Saturday at Red Rocks for a very folky evening with Trampled By Turtles and Elephant Revival.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.