1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Looking for (Good) Spicy Food on the Strip

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by north east j, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. north east j

north east j Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all,

Heading down in a few weeks for a completely unexpected 4 day trip. Wondering if anyone has any good suggestions for spicy (with flavor) food on the strip? Styaing at Flamingo but willing to hoof it a bit.

So my definition of spicy is not a bit of extra pepper on my steak. I regulalrly have sirracha (rooster) sauce on my breakfast and have come to believe that bacon and jalapenos are one of the best ways to wake up in the morning.

After about 8 or 10 trips to Vegas, cannot remember ever going somewhere that serves spicier foods....

2. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Down by Flamingo two suggestions, The Dragon Roll at Rice and Co at Luxor and the special salsa at Hussong, both are HOT but flavorful. But a warning you speak of Sirracha but when I talk hot I am talking of the Maruca Scorpion pepper or at least a Habanero/Scotch Bonnet or African Bird pepper.

Cosmo Christmas
  3. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

I racked my brain trying to come up with something... but even the Thai on the strip is pretty tame. The spiciest dishes that come to mind have been at Jean-Georges, jalapeno creamed corn and short rib with jalapeno apple slaw. And Atomic cheese fries at Stripburger.

Weaksauce.

Off the strip, is where it gets hot.

4. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be using a Resturants.com cert next month at El Sagundo Del Sol and report back.

5. north east j

north east j Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is el seguno the one in Town Centre? I have been there - good food, but not spicy....

Interesting that there are not more spicy places - maybe I will just gorge away at a buffet instead!

6. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know this isnt the answer you are looking for...........but maybe consider taking a cab to Chinatown. I am positive they can accomodate ya....
    Or if married to being on the strip, then if ya have a particular place in mind maybe call and ask if they take the spice and heat level up on your dish( es).

7. north east j

north east j Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chinatown is a great option, true. I have eaten down at crab boil places a few times...

There are a few places off strip that I can always count on....just thought if I could make it convenient that I would....

8. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We frequently stay in the Flamingo / Harrahs area. If we don't have a car, we Taxi to Lotus of Siam on Sahara Ave for Thai. Not that far and they will call a taxi for you to go back.

Careful on the spicy though. We normally get 7 to 8 on a 1 to 10 scale and it can vary depending on the peppers. My wife and I both eat extremely spicy. She cooks Mongolian Hot Pot with Jabaneros or dried ghost peppers if she can find them.

Anyway, if you like Thai, you won't be disappointed. We go at least once every trip.

Ginseng III on the top floor of IP is not bad Korean but not spicy.

9. craps1

craps1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would suggest Indian food, but can't think of any that I have tried on the strip.

10. Steelers7

Steelers7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want something close by you could try Noodle Asia inside the Venetian across from the poker room. They will had "spice" to just about anything on the menu if you just ask. The flavor has always been good there but the "heat"" varies and may be a little weak for what you are looking for.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.