1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker Looking for free video poker strategy cards

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by ajp, Feb 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wife wants to play some video poker on an up coming trip, would love some strategy cards for Bonus Poker Deluxe and Double Bonus if possible. Anyone got them?

2. ICallHimGamblor

ICallHimGamblor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think there are too many possibilities to keep track of on a single sheet without a bunch of practice, but you can find them here:
    http://wizardofodds.com/games/video-poker/strategy/bonus-poker/8-5/
    http://wizardofodds.com/games/video-poker/strategy/double-bonus/10-7/

I don't know how much that will help you in real time, but good luck.

3. daveg000

daveg000 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After you print them out big, take a picture with your phone and you will always have them. I have pay tables and strategy cards for all the games I play!

4. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I typically use this myself as sometimes strategy changes a good amount with different paytables. Unfortunately double bonus is one of those games, especially when the flush is 7 for 1.

http://wizardofodds.com/games/video-poker/strategy/calculator/

But with this, you just input the paytable at the game you want and it will crunch out the strategy. But I must warn you that actually using this while playing is technically illegal. This last trip, I used it at Sam's Town to review 9/7 Double Bonus strategy with a $1500 royal while in the bathroom before going back out to play.

And you wife really wants to play double bonus? Are you staying at a place that offers 10/7 Double Bonus? Otherwise that game is just a pain in the ass, imo.

Edit: I just opened this post from a browser and now see where you're staying. I would go elsewhere to play unless you want to play dollars or more. Mirage mostly sucks for low limit VP from what I've seen.

6. yankees4ever31

yankees4ever31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best way to maximize VP play is: practice, practice, practice. I play daily with a strategy trainer app and it helps me memorize the best holds using visual memory. I can also master every type of VP game and also change the paytables which will alter the strategy as well. You'll be surprised at how fast you will recognize the best holds. I have been playing for seven years now and I still practice every day.

Best of luck and royals to all.

-yankees4ever31

Encore Tower Suites 5th Anniversary (of going to Encore)...
  7. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We plan to head downtown one day most likely the D and play some video poker. I saw that upstairs they had 10/7 double bonus, and at the long bar they have 8/6 bonus deluxe.

8. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    8/6 Bonus Deluxe has a theoretical payback of 98.49%, but the "full-pay" 9/6 Bonus Deluxe has a 99.64% payback.
    The Four Queens has 14 uprights in front of the main cashier with 9/6 Bonus Deluxe in quarters, halves, and dollars.

9. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plaza also has 9/6 Bonus Deluxe at the Omaha bar. The D's game is progressive bartop though, so anything above $1500 for the royal makes 8/6 a comparable game. But I think most of the royal meters at the D long bar are more in the $1200 range from the TRs I've seen.

And of course when dealing with progressives that makes the strategy calculator link I provided more useful as you input the royal amount as well. At a $1500 royal at least, I would think 3 to a royal beats all high pairs at bonus deluxe.

10. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I plan to play at the D, I like the D, I like The Long Bar, I have no desire to play at 4 queens or plaza.

11. Yokel

Yokel VP Player

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When did you see these? I did not find any 25c, 50c or $1 9/6 Bdlx near the Four Queens cashier today. I looked thoroughly at one machine each side of the 14-machine bank that has 25c/50c/$1 9/6 JoB but neither machine had any Bdlx at all. Spot checked other machines in that area but had no luck.

12. red318is

red318is Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  13. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah the Dancer/Daily strategy cards are very well made, imo.

VPFree2 doesn't list it either. *shrug*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.