1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Looking for advice on what to combine with Hoover Dam.Advice/experiences please.

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by muskokacam, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muskokacam

muskokacam Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi there. Looking for some advice/responses about what to combine with a Hoover Dam tour. I have read posts of pairing it with Valley of Fire. Is that possible in one day with a sidetrip to Rick's Restoration before an evening car rental return at the hotel?

How long does it take to get to Vof F from Hoover? if so; any places to stop to pick up drinks etc. on that route before entering the park? What time would you advise I get to the Dam?

Would a Red Rock Canyon and Hoover Dam combo work out better with more time left? ( even though they look to be in opposite directions). I hope that this itinerary is possible as we are only renting a car for a day.

Thanks for any help/experiences.

2. aaronw915

aaronw915 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    VoF from Hoover is easy to do. We made it from Hoover to VoF in under 2 hours and it's a fun drive. VoF isn't a huge place either and a lot of their highlights are able to be driven to so you don't have to spend hours hiking to them.

I believe it makes more sense to do VoF instead of RR because you can take the roads around the Lake Mead rec area into the back entrance of VoF. Then it's easy to get on 15 and head back to Vegas.

We started out making it to Hoover around 10 am and was in the check in line by 4 and that was at a leisurely pace.

3. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How many miles would that be round trip?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.