1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Looking for a good club for 35+ crowd

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by EboniDimplz, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EboniDimplz

EboniDimplz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A group of us are heading to Vegas for a girls trip June 7-11. Since none of us have ever gone to a club on any of our trips to Sin City, we're looking for a good place to hang out on a Saturday night.

Hopefully we can find a place with a good mix of music, without any of the "head-banging stuff". Do you have any suggestions? Or any places for me to start looking? I'm willing to do my research, but would love a starting point.

Thanks in advance!!

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will offer a few suggestsions:

MIX LOUGNE in Mandalay Bay, not a true "club" but has a great view of the city, a small dance floor and DJ. If its not to your liking you can always take a short walk to LAX at LUXOR. THis is what we did last trip and had a blast. We were 38 then and didnt feel out of place a bit.

VOO DOO LOUGE in RIO is also a good club for the 35 and over crowd. Great music, great views, you wont feel surrounded by 21 year olds.

Let us know where you are staying, we may be able to recommend somewhere close.

3. EboniDimplz

EboniDimplz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those sound like some great options!

We're staying two nights downtown at the Nugget, one night at Red Rock, and two nights at the Luxor. As you can see...distance is not an issue, as we always rent a car and tend to be all over town!

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I don't think you will have to drive much. There are a couple if very nice lounges and a nice club right inside redrock! You will be just fine right there!

When you are downtown, the party is right on the street and you will see all the different bars to hop in and out of.

Luxor is a great place, you can walk to Mandalay bay. You def want to check out mix and the foundation room while there. If you want a wilder experience hit LAX later in the night!!

Enjoy!!

5. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    marque by the pool at nite can be real nice enough club but still chill or the library room at marque is my favorite hang

6. addicted

addicted Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good suggestions, although I am not a huge fan of LAX.

I highly recommend ghostbar as well.

I can help with some of the research.....

This is the view from MIX at THE HOTEL
    [​IMG]

View from foundation room
    [​IMG]

View from voodoo
    [​IMG]

And ghostbar:thumbsup:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Funny I will be in vegas june 7-10:beer:

7. farkingidiot

farkingidiot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the Voodoo and Mix suggestions. (Not a fan of LAX, either.) One place you may want to look into that's close is Eye Candy Sound Lounge. It's a combo lobby bar/club. You don't have to pay a cover and you can sit anywhere you want without paying. Always a good mix of 30+ and mostyly top 40 dance music. No electronica. No head banging stuff. Do a little checking on it. Actually a few years ago, I hit mix first (You can find passes everywhere in Mandalay Bay, then ended my evening at Eye Candy. Just throwing it out there.

8. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for that!! We're headed there in a few weeks. Plan to hit Mix for the view at sunset but always looking for more places to hang out :beer:

9. Gutzy

Gutzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mix

Do you have to pay the cover at Mix all of the time? I thought I remember reading if you go to Voodoo lounge before a certain time you can get in free. Not interested in staying for more than 1 drink

10. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Curious why you are moving so much

Especially throwing Red Rock in for one night--it is not near the other properties, though a lovely resort. I could see GN for 2 nts, and Luxor for 3--much better option. You could easily cab it between the two. You will waste a lot of time & $ (either in cabs or renting a car) to change rooms twice, especially with Red Rock thrown in the middle.
    Downtown will keep you busy without a club, though GN has one, sort of.
    I second MIX, Voodoo & eyecandy--all favs of ours in our 30s & 40s. No covers before 9 or 10.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.