1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Longest Road Trip Ever (for me)

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by TomTWI, Sep 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This fall we are going to travel from Wisconsin to Fort Myers FL. Then a bus trip to the Packer / Miami game. After that we will be heading out to Vegas for a few weeks with a brief stop over first to visit friends in Tampa.

Anyone have suggestions on routes to take? Google maps has me going through Dallas as shortest route.

Thanks in Advance for any help.

TomTWI

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a heck of a haul. Tampa is great fun, I just visited last month. Several good breweries if you're into craft beer, if so check out Cigar City which is pretty close to the airport.

For a long trip like this are you wanting to incorporate any other sight seeing? The Dallas route has you avoiding New Orleans and Biloxi in case that's somewhere you might want to see. There's a Harrah's and Boomtown in the New Orleans area. Taking the I-10 route you stay on the interstate until you hit Phoenix and hook north to LV. Dallas to Amarillo is on US 287 but I've never been on that road so I cant say how good or bad it is. The I-10 route is about 100+ miles longer too. I don't know if speed limit differences make up for the distance.

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, is it a bee-lining or sightseeing trip? And if the latter, what sounds interesting?

4. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This will be a "Bee Lining" trip. When I tow the travel trailer I stop to smell the roses. I plan on driving 8 to 10 hours a day.

TomTWI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.