1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

LolaDoggie's "free" dealership Vegas pre-trip report

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by LolaDoggie, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my post that included the word "ramblings" in the title. I mentioned having to replace my 2007 Saturn Ion3 ahead of schedule due to husband related mechanical issues. As I did last time, I bought from a company that our company has a relationship with because they take good care of us. So, I'm in there and the sales guy says Oh you still get your free trip with this purchase. The choices were a Carnival cruise no airfare :vomit: sorry if you're a regular Carnival cruiser. I have a ship phobia. And Vegas. We picked Vegas. I promised details and eventually a trip report. We picked up the truck yesterday and I got my trip certificate. So...here goes.

The company is called Odenza. From their website it looks like they do wholesale marketing group type travel packages. They look like the major player in their segment. You register with your certificate number. It asks you to provide a Visa or Mastercard so they can immediately process a $340 (rounded up) charge as your refundable deposit and for the taxes and any additional charges to come out of. I'm all in on this deal. We are for sure using it. So, I went ahead with that payment. It said I would get an email and I had to pick my destination. I called them instead of emailing to let them know I'm all about the Vegas. She said a travel adviser would be getting in touch with me in the next 5 business days. I asked her if it was true that I could make modifications to the trip, including adding extra nights at my own expense. She said yes.

So...I'll let keep you all updated as things develop.

2. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, the travel agent called me already. She asked some general questions and she's sending me an email with my options.

3. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was a fast 5 days. ;) Can't wait to hear what properties and amenities they are offering.

4. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The promo is airfare from a US city, so in our case it's Detroit. Then 2 nights at a promo hotel; Palace Station, 4 Queens and The D. said I would do the 2 nights at The D but, I wanted to add extra nights. I'd like to find a way to be able to use some of MyVegas points for a room. I'm not sure if that will be possible this time.

5. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Update;

The company that does this promo is called Odenza. https://www.odenza.com/ The travel agent they gave me is named Silvia, she's very patient.

We're still working on the trip but so far we've got 4 or 5 nights downtown at either The D or Downtown Grand. Direct flights with either Delta or Southwest. No rental car. April 11 to 15th or 16th.

It looks to me like the original "free" promo was 2 nights at either Palace Station, The D, or 4 Queens, with flights by Spirit. The "deposit" they make you hand over before even talking to you is used towards taxes and whatnot. So, it's not actually free.

Having said that. When you start doing comparisons on either www.vegas.com (which I've found has good packages if that's how you roll) or on airline websites...you have to look at this promo as a "voucher towards" or "dollars off" deal.

I'm hoping to lock something down before Xmas. I'll keep you guys updated.

6. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the update.

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  7. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The "free" dealership promo trip is now booked.

Flights are Southwest;

Mon Apr 11
    Depart DETROIT, MI (DTW) on Southwest Airlines at 4:15 PM
    Arrive in LAS VEGAS, NV (LAS) at 5:50 PM
    Travel Time 4 hrs 35 mins

Sat Apr 16
    Depart LAS VEGAS, NV (LAS) on Southwest Airlines at 4:35 PM
    Arrive in DETROIT, MI (DTW) at 11:40 PM
    Travel Time 4 hrs 5 mins

Hotel is The D, downtown.

No rental car.

The only thing I'm irritated about right now is that I've had to ask for a statement/receipt/invoice/whatever you want to call it a few times and still don't have it. I want the breakdown of what I paid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.