1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Live trip report 1/12 - 1/14 - last minute trip

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Scottndindy, Jan 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottndindy

Scottndindy Low-Roller

My Trip Report

I'll am intending to update this thread live. This trip got planned as last minute as possible. I looked online thinking if I see a good fare ill book. 178 one way Ind-Las is as good as it has been lately. I booked a 6 pm flight at 4:45 pm and I live 30 minutes from airport and had to pack. I booked the flight out but still need a return flight and a hotel. Am I the only one who only books one ways and never round trip. No time now though so I will finishing booking in car and on plane.

I had received a mailer from Cosmo offering 450 free play plus 2 comp nights and 50 dollar resort credit. I called VIP services on way to airport and they were able to have me tonight till Tuesday on that offer. Score. She told me 1 bedroom terrace suite so I will be interested to see if that is something special or a standard room? Is there a certain type I should request?

I arrived at Indianapolis airport, went through security and by the time I got to my gate it was already boarding. When booking online I had the option of a 56 dollar aisle seat, a middle seat, or no selection. I chose no selection. I thought I'll take my chance at airport rather than pay 56 for an aisle. I scored an aisle seat and have nobody in my row. Score again.

As a side note this is a solo trip for me. So far 2014 has been off to an awesome start. I left my full time job that I've held for 7 years to start my own construction company(electrical and plumbing). Just finished first full week. I put an offer in on a new house that was accepted yesterday. Now on a flight to Vegas. Hopefully my luck continues.

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WOW - Did I read this right? Booked a flight an hour & 15 minutes before take-off? This a new one to me....lol. Have a great time and really look forward to your posts!!!

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The ULTIMATE in "last minute"!!! Ha! Good Luck!!! Hope you have a blast!!!

4. bighead1970

bighead1970 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ask for a fountain view on that room. Trust me you will like the room and balcony.

My friend and I are staying at the Cosmo. This is our last night in town. If you hear the hookers and blow chant that is me espically coming from the sports and stage bar!!

5. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent!

This type of spontaneous trip is on my bucket list of things to do.

6. shaggyboiler

shaggyboiler Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always fly out of Indy that price is crazy!

7. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Epic fail on the "LIVE" trip report....lol!

8. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking maybe he missed his flight since it was so last minute but i see that he posted from the plance so I suppose that's not the case.

9. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully the last minute decision to do a LIVE trip report was the only last minute mistake you made this trip.

10. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have fun from a fellow Hoosier! Can't believe you made it to and thru the airport in that timeframe!

11. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! I get it though... I love when people do the live report, but don't know how they do? I check VMB daily and a couple times a day. I never check it when in Vegas... I'm just to engrossed with trying to maximize the time.

12. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I try to cram so much stuff in, it might not be worth it to me. But ppl respond to the live reports better usually. At least for the ones who are funny I guess...lol And also I didn't have a smart phone until after my last trip. And posting from the phone isn't nearly as efficient anyway. I don't use Tapatalk or whatever they suggest.

13. Check-Raise

Check-Raise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I considered doing a live trip report but I'm not very good at keeping posts simple. I'd spend way too much time going into detail and end up missing out on the fun!

14. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried to do a live TR a few years ago, by the time I got on the plane to leave I realized I hadnt even logged in once! Last few years I tried to do updates on Twitter with pics, the first time I did ok, last time I forgot again. Just too much going on while you are there, its non stop action forsure!

15. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully, nothing bad happened.

16. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe he won Mega-Bucks?

OP................where......are......you????:evillaugh

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
Thread Status: