1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Live TR: Mandalay Bay 6/28-7/2

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by hillwood24, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i believe I paid that same gouge price at the limo-driver kick-back liquor store last trip, I vaguely remember the ABC stores having Ciroc at closer to the normal price

2. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hussong's was good. I had the fajitas and the girlfriend had chicken salad and guacamole. We also ordered sopapillas for dessert. I used a Restaurant.com coupon for $25 off a $50 purchase. Bill was $28 after all discounts. I charged it to the room to use towards my $100 resort credit.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404006178.857982.jpg

Now we are hanging out in the room watching the NASCAR race - trying to kill some time until Fuel the Duel at 9pm.

3. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Made it to the Monte Carlo. I decided to play some slots while waiting until 9pm for Fuel the Duel. I put a $20 in the Buffalo Stampede machine and hit this after about 10 minutes of betting 75 cents. This is my biggest win ever on a slot! I got a big kiss from the girlfriend!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404012084.083335.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404012069.326696.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404012094.706396.jpg

On to Fuel the Duel!!

4. KyleB

KyleB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice Hit!

5. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the win! Hope it continues & you have a winning trip. Enjoying your posts & pics!!

6. fossefritz

fossefritz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ciroc is crap

Have fun pal u guys look good together

7. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll take that "Minor" Jackpot any day! Congrats! Enjoying the report.

8. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't hate

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's 6am and we are already awake. We had a great time at the Dueling Pianos last night. It started off a bit slow but really picked up as more people began to shuffle in. I've never been to a piano bar, but I thought the two guys were incredibly talented and they played some great songs! I only requested one song - Build Me Up Buttercup - a childhood favorite.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404047037.196269.jpg

We ended up going a bit over our $100 bar tab...it was $106 I think. The waiter told me not to worry about it and that it was taken care of. We tipped him very well.

We really enjoyed that reward and think it is probably the best reward for the money on MyVegas. 50k loyalty points for a $100 bar tab is awesome. We hope to do this again next time we come out to Vegas.

On the way back to the Mandalay Bay, we stopped at my lucky Buffalo slot for a quick girlfriend picture.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404047250.507872.jpg

We are gonna get ready for the day. First plan is to hit the pool for a bit when it opens and then head to Slice of Vegas for lunch. Hopefully I have more winnings to report tonight!

10. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report so far... keep it coming!

Congrats on the slot win, nice way to kick off the trip. The $100 tab and dueling pianos sounds like it was a great time.

re: 6 AM, I am with you there, my man... I normally get up fairly early regardless, and on Central time to boot. I sleep in an extra 3 hours over my usual time and will still be up before 7 in Vegas.

11. floridavegas

floridavegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoying your trip report - nice with the pics!

Its always so fun to win on a random slot while just killing time waiting for someone... I look for the WOF near the bathroom...

Interested if you pass by how Delano lobby area looks now.

12. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We don't do the limo-driver kick back recommendation anymore for that reason. I ask the driver to stop at CVS on Paradise and East Harmon for initial supplies then go to Gold Coast for anything else we need. Even after asking to go to CVS the driver still pulled into the same rip off joint. I asked why and told him to go to CVS and he said traffic was too bad. This wasn't Presidential but the walk up at the airport (same rip off liquor store as Presidential though). I said nice try and insisted on CVS and somehow all traffic had miraculously cleared and there was no traffic problem. I've used both Presidential and the walk up and that was my only negative experience to date.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoying your report; congrats on the Buffalo Stampede win, now get the hell out of the room and enjoy! You should not be "killing time" in the room in Vegas unless killing time is code for something other than watching Nascar.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is some excellent information right there. Thanks! (... and apologies for the thread hijack!)

15. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha yeah got that right for sure.

16. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn nice hit on the buffalo deluxe too bad it wasnt the major that popped but still good win either way.

17. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loving all of the pics. Thanks for the report, and congratulations on the slot win!

18. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's about 12:30pm and we finally made it back to the room.

We never made it to the pool, but instead gambled a bit at Luxor. I put $30 into a Buffalo machine and ended up cashing out $90 after I hit a $72 bonus. I was low rolling at $1.50 per spin. I accidentally left my Mlife card in the machine and when I walked back to get it, somebody else was playing the machine with my card still inserted. Free coin-in! So I left it there.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404070653.411275.jpg

We walked over to the Tropicana to do the second half of the $200 slot promo. I did the first half of the promo in March, so I still was owed $100 in slot play. Ended up cashing out only $61, but it's still extra money to add to my bankroll!

Next we walked over to Excalibur to hunt down the new Titanic slots that someone mentioned were here. I found them over near the Tower I elevators against the wall. I played for a few minutes and hit the minor jackpot for $38. I played for a little longer and cashed out about $10 up. I really like the movie, and the slot was a lot of fun. I wish Mandalay would get it soon.

We then went to Slice of Vegas in the Mandalay Place shops. The girlfriend had a side salad and I ordered the Parmesan fries as an appetizer. We split a large pizza. The total was $39, but I used a $25 restaurant.com certificate. I charged the difference back to the room and left a $10 cash tip. We had the extra pizza boxed up and we plan to give it to one of the homeless people on the bridge in a few minutes.

I also bought myself some all natural face cleanser at Lush in Mandalay Place. It's expensive, but it looked like a quality product. I also bought the girlfriend some "bath bombs."

I plan to do some more gambling tonight and grab a quick dinner at Panda Express (girlfriend loves Panda). We are then going to see Penn & Teller tonight at the Rio. I love magic and I love their politics even more (my bachelors degree is in political science). It should be a good night.

Thanks to everyone that has followed along so far.

19. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I walked down there to check things out. I stayed here in January, and I am glad I was able to enjoy it before the remodel. I actually really liked the dark themed rooms of THEhotel.

I snapped a couple pictures of the lobby area. They have some makeshift walls put up that insulate the lobby from the construction. I didn't hear any ongoing construction, but it has made the area very narrow and small.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404072203.315025.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404072212.491988.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404072220.282843.jpg

20. floridavegas

floridavegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting those!!! It does look narrow...

Good Luck! enjoy your time... :peace:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.