1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Live TR downtown at the GN, solo gamblng with family friendly activities

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by mjamesp, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjamesp

mjamesp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Taking the wife and 3 kids this time (ages: 10, 12 and 15). Normally this would be my post baseball season trip taking my Mom and whoever else wanted to join us. My wife and I started going to Vegas in the mid 90's with my parents (pre-kids). Dad passed away at age 54 shortly after the 1998 trip and a month before the birth of their 1st grand child (the 15 year old). Since that year I've been committed to taking Mom to Vegas each summer as this had been something they had done since I was a teenager/college age.

This past June Mom passed away at age 68 after battling cancer for 18 months. One of her favorite places to be was outside the Bellagio watching the fountains. I'd been kicking around the idea of taking the kids to see what Grandma had enjoyed so much.

Each summer (after traveling baseball and soccer) we've been taking the family to either the Wisconsin Dells or on a road trip to follow the MN Twins. I had found some decent priced flights to Houston that worked out to see two Twins games (nothing left before school starts we can drive to) but decided August in Houston may not be the best choice. $140 round trip from MSP to LAS on Spirit and we're about to roll the dice. This will be my 4th trip using Spirit to Vegas without any real issues. At this time the plane is on-time on ground in Dallas for a flight to Chicago and then onto MSP and LAS.

I'll be using tapatalk and posting pictures along the way. I've got a pretty good list of family friendly activities during the day and a few Groupons for meals and tickets to see Nathan Burton. The wife and kids are big Americas Got Talent viewers, Nathan was on season one.

First win, was able to get parking pass for a ramp at an office my brother works in. Park-N-Ride next door provides free shuttle for pass holders. Free parking for the 4 days.

2. mjamesp

mjamesp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm hoping this is a sign of good luck to come. Picture of raptor outside the house on neighbors mail box. Not an eagle (i dont think) but pretty impressive. Eagles have been a positive sign in our family for some time.

ATTACH]11228[/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

3. retro

retro Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you have a great trip

4. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip, may your mom and dad smile down on you. Have fun!

5. mjamesp

mjamesp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stopped for dinner at the wife's favorite Mexican restaurant on the way to the airport. uploadfromtaptalk1407630535533.jpg

6. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to the report. Your kids are going to love it!

How long are you staying?

7. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good call on passing on Houston in August.

8. sandybeachbar

sandybeachbar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great idea for the whole family!

9. mjamesp

mjamesp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We fly back Wednesday on the Red eye. 3 full days. No sleep for me. Gamble at night, up early with the kids and wife. My plan is to go into the office Wed AM. 2nd trip flying for the kids

10. mjamesp

mjamesp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2nd win. Flight to Houston we would have been on has been canceled. Flight to LAS is at the gate and on-time. uploadfromtaptalk1407635717849.jpg

11. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't forget to take your boarding pass for Spirit to the players club at The D. You'll get two $25 match plays for free! Don't know if you can do anything with the kids tickets, but you and the wife's tix should get you $100

12. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a good time and good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.