1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Live Report - Venetian 7-31 to 8-2

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Stryk, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stryk

Stryk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

My wife and myself are getting away for a quick 3 night stay at Venetian. We just had our first child and after 5 months we figured it was ok to let grandma watch her. We are comped for these three nights and this is my third Vegas stay in the last two years. This is my second stay at Venetian and my wife's first. Last year we stayed 3 nights at Encore. All my updates will be from iPhone/iPad so sorry for some spelling mistakes. We check in a 3:30 and have reservations at Cut for dinner. We also have reservations at Le Cirque on Thursday as well as tickets to O for after dinner. Right now we are in Minneapolis airport waiting on connecting flight. We just spent $50 at the lottery stand on pull-tabs and scratch offs :) Plan on trying the 20 dollar trick and at least hope for a view upgrade.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  2. MWJ51102

MWJ51102 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went on our first trip away from our son in May when he was 5 months also. It was a week vacation and we loved every minute of it. We called home once a day and talked about him a lot, but never felt like we really needed to get home to see him. It was a great trip and were happy to see him when we got home.

Have a great trip. Grandma will be fine(she's done this before).

Btw, I'm also a airport lotto scratcher.

3. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying with a friend at venetian in September. Haven't stayed there in a few years, so looking forward to reading your thoughts

4. hla

hla Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you are ready for Vegas! Have a great trip and good luck...

5. Stryk

Stryk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back in the room. East Coast time is kicking our butts. Couple of recaps. First, tried the 20 dollar trick. When I booked the comped rooms they asked me if I wanted Palazzo, I said yes. After a few minutes, the guy said sorry its not available. When we got here I gave the check in girl the sandwich and she asked if I needed change. I told here we were looking for a room with a great view and asked if she could find us one. She immediately asked if we had ever stayed at Palazzo. After a few minutes of clicking on her keyboard, she got us what she said was a perfect room. I don't know what kind of upgrade this was, but our room is on the 28th floor with a view of the pools and TI. After being told palazzo was not available over the phone, I feel I at least got my 20 bucks worth.

Next thing to talk about is Cut. Absolutely loved it. Had a great ribeye with some awesome sides. My wife gad a filet. I would recommend it to anyone.

More to come as sleepiness and iPad typing don't go together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.