1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Live @ Beau Rivage 3/23 - 3/27

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by shifter, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

so the wife and i got down here to the Beau Rivage in Biloxi yesterday, but had a busy night, so this is my first post. we drove out from ATL instead of flying because we couldn't get on the flights we wanted and it only takes about 1 hr longer to drive than fly.

unfortunately we ran into some issues on the road, so we got in later than we wanted. we had a massage appt scheduled for 430 and by the time we arrived, valeted (waited 20 minutes because they were totally backed up ... on a Wednesday afternoon of all time) and got checked-in it was 415, so we hurried down to the spa. it worked out OK and we had a nice steam and jacuzzi for a few minutes to loosen up before the massage. the massage was actually about the best one i've ever had.

i know a lot of guys request female therapists and don't feel comfortable having another man massage them, but i really like getting a male therapist because i think they give the best massages. the women don't ever seem to really get in and really loosen up my back and neck like the men do.

so after the massage and some more steaming/jacuzzi, we headed for dinner. at the Beau, there's basically 3 restaurants worth eating at. Jia (asian/sushi), Memphis Q (BBQ) and BR Prime (steak/seafood). we went to BR Prime. i come down here pretty often and eat there most of the time, so they always take good care of me. had some amazing swordfish, the wife had a halibut and rissotto special and we shared a crab stuffed baked potato. we didn't really feel like drinking much, so we each had a glass of wine and that was it. we didn't even do desert. amazingly the total came to ~$150 before tip, which is the least i've ever spent in that place. i'm usually ordering bottles of wine and after dinner drinks just to run up the bill. (the $350/shot hennessey eclipse is pretty nice if you're into cognac)

after dinner we were beat, so we headed back up to the room and hit the sack. i know, the first night and i didn't even hit the tables! amazing for me really. usually that's the first place i head when i get into town.

this morning we slept in and headed down to the spa again for some more steam/jacuzzi and sitting by the pool. it turns out they have a really nice reserved section by the pool for Noir member. so we got all setup with two chair, an umbrella, loads of towels and were kind of secluded from everyone else so it was pretty quiet. neither my wife and i are much of pool loungers, but it was one of the nicest times. it was about 75 degrees with a touch of wind, so you didn't really even get hot. i took a jump in the pool, but it really wasn't quite warm enough to enjoy it.

after a couple of hours, i decided to leave my wife there and head in to get cleaned up and hit the tables. sat down at the only Midi Bacc table in the place, bought in for $5k and lost it in about 20 minutes. i didn't win a single hand for the first 5 or 6. it was a pretty terrible shoe actually. every time we needed a monkey for a big win, the other side would pull a 1 or 2 outer. i just about got up and left, but decided to buy in for another $5k. the shoe got a little better, but I ended up even for the second buy in and the shoe ended. i took my remaining $5k and went to one of the mini-Bacc tables they had running. that turned out to be the best thing I did all day. Player was on a total heater and I won back my $5k in 5 hands without a single loss. A guy next to me won about $50k in that same timeframe betting $5-15k/hand. If I hadn’t been so gun-shy after getting trashed at the other table, I probably would have done the same. But I was just happy to be able to pay back my marker and be even for the trip.

Now we’re going to head to dinner in a bit and then some more play tonight. Hopefully the tables give me some better luck and I can win something this time!

2. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you hit them hard, enjoyed the report so far. Will be down there in one month myself.

3. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shifter, good comeback!

Doing OK over here so far, need to keep it up!

4. dunebug81

dunebug81 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shoot, I wish I would have seen this the other day. We were in Biloxi at the same time.

We also ate at Prime. It was really good. I had the filet and my wife had some fish. Not sure what she ordered but she really liked it.

I mostly played at Grand Biloxi and Hard Rock. We just walked down to the Beau for dinner Wednesday night. I was up about $1200 from 2 $25-$50 / hand BJ sessions....which the Beau promptly started to chip away at. I lost $500 before dinner but thankfully I hit a few $150 bets and won most of it back after dinner. I was surprised how busy the Beau was compared to Grand Biloxi and Hard Rock. Maybe it was cause of the freeplay drawings.

Anyway, hope you had better luck the rest of your stay.

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    so for dinner on Thurs we went over to Memphis Q, which is their BBQ place. being in the south it's always good BBQ, but it was amazingly busy for a Thurs night. we had to wait about 30 min for a table because i didn't bother with a res since it's hardly ever busy on weeknights.

after dinner i hit the Bacc tables again and went on a little run, but every time i tried to push it to really get ahead i would lose it back. i ended up calling it a night around 3am still even for the trip.

we woke up bright on early on Friday for our 10am tee time at Fallen Oak, which is the Beau's private golf course. i thought i was going to be more tired than i was, but it was such a beautiful day, i was looking forward to getting out there on the course. we took a limo over to the course at 8am and had breakfast at the 19th hole. for breakfast burritos in the south, it was amazingly good. not quite like some of the really good mexican food in SoCal, but very good nonetheless. the 19th hole there was rated as one of the best by Golf Digest last year and besides the great views of the course, the food and drinks are the reason.

the course was beautiful and we enjoyed our time. it got a little bit hot in the afternoon, but it worked out. unfortunately, the ride back didn't quite work out as expected. the whole reason we scheduled golf so early in the morning was to make it back by 4pm for the first round of the $150k BJ tournament. but we got stuck in construction traffic and didn't get back until 415. so i went over to the tournament and they informed me i was SOL. i wasn't really worried since i suck at BJ anyway and didn't expect to win, but it sucked to miss it after waking up so early just to try to make it there.

after i found out i couldn't play, i headed over to the Bacc table and proceeded to have my worst luck of the trip. i was down quickly and never was able to get back ahead or even close to even. i ended up getting frustrated and heading over to play some BJ. turns out my luck was better at the BJ table and i was tearing them up. i was playing two hands at $300-500 and after a little while i was up about $3k. i put down two $900 bets and proceeded to get two double down hands against a dealer 3, so i had $3600 out there. i made two decent hands and the dealer turned over a face card for 13, which was perfect. what wasn't perfect was she proceeded to peel off a 7 for 20 and beat both my hands. that was one of those make or break hands that i needed to go my way to make my nice winner. that would have given me a $7k+ winner for the session and put me on a nice roll and instead i was back to even. i played a little while after that and ended the BJ session up $1k, but still down for the trip.

we went to the Michael McDonald concert, which was pretty cool. our seats were great and we got backstage passes for a photo op with Michael, so that was cool. the music was good and overall it was a great concert. after the concert we had a few minutes to kill before dinner so we sat down at the Pai Gow table. i was betting $500-1k and we were stroking it beautifully 3 winners in a row after the dealer had 3 pai gows in a row and i had a feeling the next dealer hand was going to be big, so i told my buddy i was going to bank. he said not to break her streak so i decided to press my bet to $1100 and hope for a 4th winner in a row. turns out my first idea was best as she had a full-house. then i proceeded to bank the next hand, which was a total dud. we quit shortly thereafter and i ended the pai gow session pretty much even - up $200.

dinner was at BR Prime, which was great as always. lots of good wine, seafood, steaks, etc. we all ended up stuffed of course and between the 4 of us we racked up over $1100 including tip.

after dinner i headed back to the Bacc table and had another horrendous session. ended up staying til 5am trying to get something going and only once did i have a glimmer of hope. i was down to the felt and player started running, so i started pressing my bets. ended up winning about $8k as the player streak went to 10 in a row. then this guy who i knew was bad luck decided to hop in and put a big bet on player. i knew i should have pulled my bet because any time somebody jumps into a streak that long and puts a big bet out there, they're bound to lose. but i kept my bet out there and, of course, banker won. that wasn't the worst part though, the guy was total bad luck because the shoe went to total crap after that and i proceeded to lose the next 9 hands in a row until that guy busted out and left.

i ended up calling it a night at Bacc with only about $2k left on me and heading over to BJ. i didn't have the good luck i had before and was down $1k pretty quickly. that's when i bet two hands for $200 and got two 7s against a dealer 4. i split and got another 7. i split again and got a 3. i doubled down and got a ten for 20. good so far. i hit the next hand and got another 10 for 17. still good. i hit the next hand and got a 4. i only had a single $100 chip left on me, so pulled out $100 in cash so i could double that one down and got a 5. not so good on that one, but she still had a 4 up, so i was hoping she'd bust and i'd make a nice winner. i said "be kind" as she turned over a ten underneath for 14. of course, you know what happened next - evidently i didn't take enough 7s because she pulled a 7 for 21 and took all 6 of my bets.

it was at that point i decided to call it a night and called it a trip. i really just haven't been able to get any luck going this entire trip. every time i've needed that one good card to hit on a big bet for a nice session winner, the wrong card has come. and i'm coming back next weekend for the Champions tour golf tournament and to play in the pro-am, so i need to make sure i still have plenty of cash left to enjoy myself next weekend. today i've just been lounging around and enjoying a little R&R. :)

my wife and i enjoyed our trip, as always, even though it didn't really ever go well for me at the tables. i'm hoping next weekend is a little kinder and i can recoup some of my losses from this weekend. tonight we're just going to head to dinner and get to bed early for our drive back tomorrow, so that's it for this trip report. i'll post a new thread for my trip next weekend.

6. VegasGarden

VegasGarden Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thank you for a great read.

7. dunebug81

dunebug81 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you at least have a good score on your round of golf?

8. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The key thing is you get to go back in less than 7 days. Thanks for the report.

9. Stacks O. Purple

Stacks O. Purple Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shifter, sorry you had a bad trip at the tables, but you definitely did the right thing by shutting it down and waiting for next weekend. Some of my best wins have come after sessions where I summoned the willpower to walk away from a loser, just as most of my worst losses have come after I couldn't walk away from an obviously bad playing situation.

Best of luck next weekend - can't wait to read about it!

10. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great Report! I love the Beau.

Amazing level of gambling. I love the range of reports on this board!

You put down more in one bet then my wife and I do in three days!

We ate at the Prime last time we were there, the Memphis was closed the night we went there.

My wife gets irratated at me for taking her to the high end resturants, she has a tight fist when it comes to money, and we enjoy the buffets just as much. She would never spend her own money gambling!

The best meal I have ever had at the Beau was a late, late night Rueben at the Cafe! If you haven't had one - try it!

I'm looking forward to your next trip report, as we will be down again, in whatever my countdown clock below says!

15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
    15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
  11. nottooshabby

nottooshabby Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nice report shifter . . . hope you get it back many times over next week :peace:

12. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shifter, I really enjoyed your TR, thanks for taking the time to post. We love the Beau too and if they would send offers anywhere near what we get from the Mirage, I'd be down there in a heartbeat.

BR Prime is our favorite spot to eat...very intimate setting and who wouldn't enjoy the Dino and Frank playing in the background:thumbsup:

We like the Coast too for a casual spot to enjoy a pizza and a bottle of wine:beer: and I love the upbeat girls that work in the Roasted Bean...could have something to do w/ the coffee I suppose:licklips:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.