1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Liquor store for tequila closer to Mandalay Bay?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by eloisegirl, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eloisegirl

eloisegirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am interested in knowing if there is a Lee's Liquors close to Mandalay Bay or if it is better to go to International Liquors? I am interested in purchasing tequila, so I am looking for a store with a large and varied selection. If you know of any other stores, I'd be glad to hear about it. :)

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Across the street from Mandalay Bay is a little mini mall with a Subway, McDonalds, Panda Express and a liquor store (just called "Liquor").

There is also a liquor store on the upper level of Excalibur (Spirit Shoppe).

Not sure what either has for tequila since its not something I drink, but you won't get that much closer to Mandalay Bay than that.

3. GolferTrav

GolferTrav Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will you have a car or will you 'hoof-it'? For the first time ever, in many trips driving in from SoCal, I stopped by South Point to grab a bottle. Pleasantly surprised by how cheap their liquor was. There wasn't a HUGE selection (compared to a BevMo) but there was plenty to choose from, especially in the mid- to high-end of what I was looking for. I'm not a To-Kill-Ya (Tequila) drinker so I wasn't looking, but I'm sure you'd find something nice.

4. eloisegirl

eloisegirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The store across from Mandalay Bay is called Super Liquors. It is a very basic liquor store. I was looking for tequila but it was mostly the Cuervo mixto stuff or Patron, which I could have easily bought at the MB snack shop. They did have one bottle of KAH blanco, a great skull-shaped white bottle with hand-painted skull details, and it was 67.00. It should be around 42.00 but I figured with the cost of the taxi to go to a Lee's store, it would work out the same. Friend bought a giant Yellowtail Pinot Grigio for 14.95 and a bag of chips for 5.00. It's not particularly cheap but it does have the basics. Exit MB and walk south on the Blvd to the lights about a block, and cross the street. Can't miss it.

As an aside, the one thing we did take a taxi for was the In'N'Out burger - ten bucks each way to get a four-dollar burger, but man oh man, double double animal style is a mouthful of heaven. I don't even like burgers that much but these were pretty memorable! We hear about this burger joint in Canada so we had to visit it in LV. Slurp!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.