1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Linked accounts... Mlife... I get offers with less play then my wife

Discussion in 'Comps' started by en11871, May 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. en11871

en11871 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been strange for awhile, but finally time to ask you all. My wife and I have our Mlife accounts linked. We are platinum. Just for point of reference, this past trip (returned Sunday) at the Mirage we got over 300k tier credits. I would say the breakdown will be 1/3 was my play, maybe even a little less. The trip before this was 2 months ago (also at the Mirage), and we put 150k points. Similar percentage of breakdown of play (she played more). So it all started (around March of last year) when we had crazy one day gambling binge at Mandalay Bay. We both played the same. We weren't staying there. So after that my wife received a nice Winter offer at Delano. We took up on the offer in October, but didn't really play much...probably 3k in tier credits. Then she received a Spring offer...thought it was somewhat early. We didn't use it. Now only I get offers and my wife only gets discounted rooms. I just received Summer offer, along with a couple of others...you guys know how unorganized Mlife is with their offers. Sorry for this long winded post. I'm just confused about why we wife is no longer receiving good offers with majority of our play, while I received multiple offers with 1/3 of her play. Thank you!‚Äč

2. DavidR82

DavidR82 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you book Delano under your wifes name? Only thing I can see is low play/no play them on the Delano offer. MGM, unlike CET, can be pretty unforgiving with a low play/no play booked trip under a comp. I was higher tier level gold almost near platinum with MGM in 2012/13 and I low played an offer at Mirage, didn't put as much time in at the tables as I had previously because I was double booked at Venetian with 2 days overlapping the Mirage booking. Haven't seen so much as an offer since then on the mlife website, and no mailers. One of the main reasons I stay loyal to CET... they are pretty forgiving on a low play trip.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did not notice what you play, but we have linked accounts. 95% of more of our play all goes on my card. They do look at each player, supposedly when doing offers.

4. kboltwkreations

kboltwkreations Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here, Platinum members, we avg 200K tier credits per trip. I book all the rooms, comped and otherwise, so I get the majority of the offers. Husband plays 50% off all play, tables and slots. He rarely gets offers, they seem to all come to my account.

5. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your accounts are linked, it doesn't matter who get the offer. linked is linked.
    It could be random (one of you two), or the one who has smaller account number, or whose name comes first (or comes last) in alphabetic order etc.

6. en11871

en11871 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    90% slots and the rest vp

7. en11871

en11871 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know that linked accounts share express comps, but was told that we would still get individual offers based on our individual play.

8. gmille58

gmille58 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On my last trip, I went with my son to watch UFC fights, and my wife stayed at home. It was technically her offer, but they let me book it as our accounts are linked. The last night there I asked the pit about my average and time, and he looked into the system and said something along the line of "I had a negative comp balance". Likely didn't have enough play for what we were given upfront, which I knew was true, but didn't think it was too far off. She hasn't been there in almost a year now, but she still gets the better offers on the website and the mailers, where I have never received anything more than discounts. However she plays a lot of slots and a little on the table games, where my play is the exact opposite.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Put all the play on ONE card, that player will be a higher value player and get better offers.

10. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would ask to see who is the "primary account" holder and that will most likely answer your question. I am the primary account holder with MLife between DH & I so my offers were always more enticing than his. The only exception to this was Mandalay Bay/Delano for some reason. We have since put 95% of our play on my card so it looks like we are a bigger player and our offers reflect it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.