1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Line movement Rams @ Colts

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by sdrawkcab si eman yM, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdrawkcab si eman yM

sdrawkcab si eman yM Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After seeing the, what I thought was incredible result of today's game, I looked at line movement of the online books, and they all seemed to move the line 2-3 points in the Colts' favor (let's say -11 to -8) from the start of the morning, or last night...
    Very odd because oddsmakers knew "something was up," but I'm out of the loop on why the line drastically shifted in a short amount of time for a backup QB against a playoff to maybe title contender on the road.
    Please fill me in somebody.

2. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Smart money tends to come in very early (last Tuesday) or very late (the hours before kickoff). By this point in the season, the teams are well assessed and the opening lines don't present any obvious wagers for the smart money. So there was probably a lot of sharp action that came in this morning. The Colts tend to play to the level of their competition. Except for the San Fran game, they played at the level of their competition (barely beating Oakland and Houston; losing to san deigo and Miami). They barely beat a bad Houston team coming off their bye week. I'm surprised Indy lost, but the idea of a close game is pretty consistent with Indy's play all season

3. Sinatraatthesands

Sinatraatthesands Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in Vegas and mostly bet baseball and also college basketball. One of the biggest advantages to living here is taking advantage of spots like this. An old time handicapper once told me "If you know how to read the board you don't even need to know anything about the sport"

At first glance this looks like the fix was in, I mean what kind of info could these guy's have had right? It wasn't, the blowout makes it look that way. The simple fact is the line was too high and the sharps knew it. They let the market harden and their money came in late. Here's the facts.

The Colts got crushed on both sides of the ball for 3 quarters by a miserable Texans team in prime time Sunday night. Also by a back up QB. Reggie Wayne being out is going to effect them long term.

The Rams were 30 seconds from beating Seattle two weeks ago, they played the Titans tough. Both with K. Clemmons who may be better than Bradford. They have a better than average D/ special teams and Fisher always has them ready to play.

I watch where the late and early money goes in the NFL and these guy's are usually right.

4. sdrawkcab si eman yM

sdrawkcab si eman yM Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in Vegas too, and that's pretty interesting to now about the real early and late action. I guess I just noticed the movement afterwards, and not minutes till kickoff, so it really seemed interesting in that sense. Thanks for the info.

5. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That got damn game knocked me out of a suicide board I was on!

6. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm guessing you weren't the only one! Between that game and the Titans, it was a big knockout week for those types of pools

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.