1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Limo ride out to the desert - help

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Tuggy79, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Tuggy79

Tuggy79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, I will be in Vegas in October for my wife's 40th and I am booking a limo for a couple of hours to give my wife a little treat. We will be getting picked up from Caesars and I was hoping to take a drive out to the desert to get a few pictures looking back into Vegas.

I will only have the limo for 2 hours I reckon, so where is the best place to tell the driver to head for that isn't too far but has great views/photo opportunities and is in the desert?

We will be ending up at Mon Ami Gabi for dinner so this will be our drop off point

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  2. ExVegasLocal

ExVegasLocal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Traditionally, limo rides into the desert are to be avoided as they don't end on a good note. Just ask "Johnny Three Fingers" about his last limo ride to the desert.

But if you insist, you'll probably want to go west, as there is no view from the east. Perhaps you could try Red Rock Canyon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are taking your wife for a ride out into the desert?

Remember Nicky Santoro's advice ... have the hole dug in advance.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Tuggy79

Tuggy79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha Ex, a quick Google search tells me that's just about a 20 minute drive so that sounds like a goer.

Nevyn, I must be that rare breed of guy who actually likes his wife so no need for a spade lol

5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Red Rock is close and if you just drive the loop and don't get out and hike, you can be there and back in your 2 hours. Maybe even with time left over for a stop at the Welcome to Las Vegas sign, south of Mandalay Bay.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tuggy79

Tuggy79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for that Sonya. Would plan on stopping for ten minutes or so just to get a few photos and to take in the view. We are from Scotland so seeing a desert is a new one for us! We were in Vegas Oct 2014 but didn't leave the city so it'll be good to venture out and see it from a different perspective

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The scenic loop drive is only 13 miles with some places to pull over and take a look around. Like I said, it's pretty quick if you don't do any hikes.
    Check this site for hours for the park and visitor center.
    http://www.blm.gov/nv/st/en/fo/lvfo/blm_programs/blm_special_areas/red_rock_nca.html

I'm a knitter with a bucket list dream for a trip to Scotland and Ireland. I'd go mostly to stare at sheep and castles so I would never judge. :wink2:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tuggy79

Tuggy79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sheep and castles hahaha! Plenty of both over here right enough.

Yeah that looks great Sonya. I used Presidential Limo the last time for the airport pick up and will be using them again for the same, so I'll prob just use them for this too. Their prices seem quite reasonable for an hourly rate.

• Like Like x 1