1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Limo or cab

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Crooklyn, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crooklyn

Crooklyn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So this is my 4th trip and we have friends coming with the wife and I (4 total).
    Now I hate taking the buss or shuttles and am not renting a car, so I was thinking of a limo for the 4 of us to get from the airport to the Mirage.
    Is there much of a price difference? I know that a can ride is close to $21 plus tip.
    We land Friday dec 21

Speaking of tips what's the average for a cab ride? I always do $5

2. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Limo will run you $50-60 each way, plus tip. If the driver meets you at the carosel and helps with the luggage, I wouldn't tip less than $20. (You can get a sedan for about $40-45 - but with four people, it might not be terribly comfortable.)

A $5 tip for a cab ride to Mirage seems about right to me - that's pretty much what I do for any fare of $20-ish or less. Unless, of course, the driver long hauls you or makes you feel like your life is in danger during the ride.

Number 50!
  3. hanoscf

hanoscf High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even though it's more than twice the cost, do the limo. IMO it's well worth it.

4. ronc

ronc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Limo...

I read everyone's thoughts on limos vs. cabs here for months before a visit to Vegas. We decided to do the limo thing on that trip and now it is part of the routine. The cabs are not bad and they are cheaper, of course. The limo just makes the whole experience better!!

There i nothing like a night arrival and then a limo trip down the strip (maybe even with a stop for supplies...) looking at all the things happening there each night. Our arrival always includes a stop to drop luggage and a trip downtown (we cab back later in the evening)...

The limo is much more fun!!

5. MTMONGO

MTMONGO Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out Bell trans VIP special, I think its a pretty good deal.

6. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely limo.

7. Crooklyn

Crooklyn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Should I book ahead for a limo or get on at the airport?

Would a cab take 2 couples?

8. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A cab would take 4 people, but where are you going to put all your luggage? You are in Vegas, get the limo.

9. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The advantage of waiting until you get there is that you can save a few bucks ($10-15 round trip, usually).

But, by booking in advance, you’ll have the driver waiting for you at baggage claim. So, he can help you with your luggage. And once your bags arrive, you’ll head straight out to his limo and off to your hotel.

If you wait until you get there, you’ll have to take your bags with you out to the limo area. Then, if they don’t have the type of vehicle you need (an uncommon, but certainly not rare, occurrence), you’ll either have to wait for one to arrive, pay extra for a larger limo, cram all your stuff into a smaller vehicle, or schlep your bags down to the next limo company and hope that they do have the limo you want.

For me, the convenience and comfort of booking in advance is worth the few bucks extra that I’ll pay.

Number 50!
  10. Crooklyn

Crooklyn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What company do you book with with?

11. haswhit

haswhit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where will you be staying? Something I learned recently on this board is that you can request Limo service from the hotel you are staying at. We will be staying at Caesar's Palace and are requesting limo service from them. Cost is 60.00 and gets put on your hotel bill from what I understand. Tip for limo driver should be 20.00.

12. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Crooklyn - which company you book with depends on what you want. Some people want a rose and champagne, so they book with Presidential. Others who desire "hookers and blow" tend to book with CLS ;)

13. Crooklyn

Crooklyn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice Kelly lol

14. Crooklyn

Crooklyn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks.
    I will phone the mirage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.