1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Limo Hire Start Time

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Mike40, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike40

Mike40 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am thinking of booking a Limo to pick us up from the Airport to get us (the wife)in the right frame of mind for our holiday.:kiss:

I read in another thread that the hire start time for the Limo is when the Plane lands? Is this right? Or does it start when we meet the driver or get in the Limo?

If we get delayed in customs or baggage reclaim will the driver just clear off asumming we are a no show? Being international passengers we can end up in long lines at customs......:rolleyes2:

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They typically start when you plane lands. In your situation you would be best off just picking one up at the limo stand when you have your bags. We did this last time and saved $30 in the process.

3. Mike40

Mike40 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think we are landing at the new Terminal 3, is there a Limo stand there?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  4. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes - in Terminal 3 at least two Limo companies have desks. The two limo desks I've used are INSIDE near Baggage Claim 1-2 (close to Door 1) and Baggage Claim 3-4 (close to Door 2 or 3). You pay at the desk then take your ticket outside to the limo area.

FYI, at least one company has a pickup area near Door 5. If your bags are at Baggage Claim 1, that could be a long walk for some folks. Ask at the limo desks before paying so you can find the limo company with a pickup area convenient for you.

I expect there are other limo desks scattered throughout Baggage Claim, but since we fly United we always pick up our bags at Baggage Claim 3.

Enjoy your trip!

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I would definitely wait until you get there to book the limo.

Even with the new terminal and the extra lanes they could open at US customs (key being "could" since they don't) its still a slow process, Las Vegas is probably one of the slowest customs checkpoints out there.

Its not even really something you can book for since it seems to take anywhere from 30-90 minutes and doesn't depend on the size of the crowd ahead of you.

And of course there is always that chance that once you get your luggage and start heading for the exit that you could be called over for secondary screening and hand inspection of your luggage.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.