1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Limo from airport to strip

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by boofmichael, Jul 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boofmichael

boofmichael Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Myself and my wife are popping our Las Vegas cherry in October. As you will see from my timer we are staying at NYNY and I've been toying with the idea of getting a limo, and whilst some of you would say there's no point given there's just two of us and NYNY is so close to the airport, my thinking is just "fuck it we're not in Vegas every day, may as well live to excess for the week that we're there".

I've read various positive reviews of Presidential Limos on this site, so I had a look on their website and they were doing a round trip for $141 with a bottle of alcohol in the limo on arrival.

My only concern was that this would be for a direct point-to-point trip, rather than an hourly rate. However, I emailed them to clarify this and they said that as of August 1st their standard times from airport to hotel are going to be 1.5 hours. Therefore, we'll have plenty of time for Welcome to LV sign, etc. So I've therefore gone ahead of booked it with them.

I'm looking for some advice on how to maximise the limousine time...what I'm thinking is ask the driver to take us to LV sign for photos and then take the limo to the north end of the strip (probably the Wynn) and work his way down to NYNY so we get a good tour of the strip. I will ask him to stop at Walgreens at some point so we can stock up on snacks, water, alcohol, etc. and then on to our hotel. Anything else we should try and do with our 1.5 hours?

Does this sound like a good plan?

Also, would $15 be a reasonable tip each way?

2. Vegasaddict2014

Vegasaddict2014 Low-Roller

Sounds like a good plan. I think $20 tip each way is the norm. Have fun!

3. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I generally tip $20. I will tip more if I ask for a stop.
    1.5 hours may sound like a lot, but I think the clock starts when your plane lands.

4. boofmichael

boofmichael Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It better not start when the plane lands, lol. I've booked the limo for 1 hour after we land to allow for immigration, baggage etc. We are coming from UK so will have more immigration and more bags than a typical visitor.

5. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you're good. And you'll enjoy the ride. Presidential is always good to us.

6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting. Their price is up from what we paid but it sounds as if you now have 1.5 hours as opposed to an hour as it used to be.

The time does start when you land, maybe that's why you were quoted 1.5 hours instead of 1. I've never found them to be real strict on it, I guess it depends on when you're arriving. If it's prime time on a weekend the limo may be booked after you. I've used Presidential 3 times and highly recommend them. We've had them stop for drinks/snacks and drive us around a bit, no problem at all. We now always rent a car but if we ever do a limo again it would be Presidential.

7. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps High-Roller

Add another one to the "never had an issue with presidential" list. We were told by our chauffer last time (Feb.) that the clocks starts from the plane landing, but they've never watched the clock as far as I can tell. They'll make stops, or drive you around a bit, no issue. We always tip $20 for a direct drive, or a bit more if we ask the driver to kill some time or take a special route or make a stop or some other special request.

I applaud you splurging a bit, getting the limo is actually one of my wife's favorite moments on the trip, I think because it is the height of the anticipation and excitement of the stay ahead. Cabs, buses, shuttles just don't have the same feeling or provide that same "vibe".

8. Kornholio788

Kornholio788 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone ever done walk up limo service? I would like either a stretch or a black car but only for air to hotel. Don't need one going back we can just cab it. Presidential only has round trip on their site.

9. vegas_runner

vegas_runner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I might suggest the first stop should be Whole Foods where you can really stock up in everything. Tip at least $20 each way, maybe a bit more for the trip from the airport as you will be spending a lot of time together.

10. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And for anyone worrying about the return trip, each time the driver was at least 30 minutes early to pick us up.

11. boofmichael

boofmichael Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone, you've reaffirmed my decision to book Presidential.

Cannot wait!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.