1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

light nite club leaves hakkasan group

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by paperposter, Oct 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not really surprised its been dead for a long time .hakkassan can only have so many its over saturation.

maybe this new group comes in and takes over the hardrock. i forgot who rejected taking over the palms clubs
    http://vegasseven.com/2015/09/23/light-daylight-rumored-leaving-hakkasan-group-roster/

UPDATE: As of 11 a.m. October 9: Comer and Pettei’s company, the newly formed Play Management will operate Light Nightclub and Daylight Beachclub in Mandalay Bay. Working with Light and Daylight ownership—Ron Burkle’s Yucaipa, a private equity and venture capital firm—Play will oversee all aspects of the businesses as managing partners, while also developing future projects related to hospitality and nightlif - See more at: http://vegasseven.com/2015/09/23/light-daylight-rumored-leaving-hakkasan-group-roster/#sthash.Z96iwcBF.dpuf

2. JoJoR

JoJoR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looked like a pretty cool place, but who they bring in to perform has gone downhill over the last year... in my opinion at least.

3. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only negative I believe they have is the fact they are removed from the strip. I have to wonder how many people that actually go there are from Cosmo and such or are most staying there already? I agree with JoJo, the talent has to be bumped up a notch.

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is pretty unsurprising; they haven't been owned by Hakkasan Group in a long time (Hakkasan was just operating it for the ownership consortium), and the writing was on the wall when the club's owners sued Hakkasan for mismanagement.

Speaking of Mandalay Bay, by the way, I'll write this up either in a separate post or a trip report (if I ever get around to doing one), but I highly, highly recommend Skyfall. I like the space much better than the old Mix Lounge, the views are fantastic, and great drinks.

5. JoJoR

JoJoR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah? What makes it better? i went to Mix right before it closed and thought it was a pretty sweet place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.