1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Light Breakfasts

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Bodie, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bodie

Bodie Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all, UK Vegas fan here.

I'm coming to Vegas in September and my girlfriend and I like light breakfasts. However, wherever we go we always tend to get huge breakfasts which are far too heavy on our stomachs for the rest of the day. Is there anywhere in or around the Monte Carlo where we could just get just a bacon sandwich or similar??

:licklips:

2. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only thing i can think of is McD's or BK. A step up would be Dunkin Donuts but they are no where near the strip. The MC has a food court which could be another option.

3. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go across the street to Margaritaville. You can have breakfast upstairs and people-watch while you eat. Split a French Quarter omelet, coffee, a couple of Bloody Marys and get ready for another day in Paradise.

4. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can go to Cafe Bellagio at the Bellagio or to Cafe Vettro at Aria and just order whatever you like. Both are 24 hour coffee shops that offer a variety of food.

Each offers lighter fare for breakfast, such as cereal, fruit etc. And you can definitely just order a breakfast sandwich and coffee if that is all you would like (you could even split a sandwich if you don't want to fill up so early in the day).

5. VegasKing

VegasKing Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    'wichCraft at MGM has excellent breakfast sandwiches. Opens at 10am though last time I was there.

6. nubia11

nubia11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not exactly close but Earl of Sandwich at Planet Hollywood has decent breakfast sandwiches.

7. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stop at any Starbucks and get a fruit cup, a yogurt cup, or a scone or bagel. That is usually my breakfast as I dont like getting weighed down early either.

8. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oatmeal.

Starbucks, McDonalds, Café Vettro at Aria.

9. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We usually eat little or no breakfast, often just coffee and a pastry. For what you are looking for, perhaps your hotel's cafe will do the trick, you can order pretty much anything anytime. Or arrange for room service in the morning, and a small bite while you get ready for the day.

10. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think the problem is availability of other, lighter, options - it's that you're not choosing them:peace: All hotel coffeeshop/cafes will have a light option for breakfast.....

(we usually only eat 2 meals in Vegas, but since breakfast is my husband's favorite meal, we eat a fairly large breakfast. Then a nice dinner. If necessary, a quick snack around 3pm or so.....)

11. HM7

HM7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a McDonalds and a Subway sandwich shop in the Monte Carlo's food court.
    Both serve breakfast sandwiches I think.

12. Bodie

Bodie Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks very much for the ideas :nworthy:

13. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most will probably find this to be strange breakfast food but since my wife and I always go to the pool every day for about 3 hours, this is what we do. Start the day early w/ some coffee and gambling, then when the pool opens we get our chairs and then order something off of the food menu out there. At Encore I usually get a bacon/apple/chicken salad or sometimes the tuna sandwich. I know...strange B-fast food but it works well for me and as far as Vegas goes, you can't really complain about $15+/- for breakfast...plus a good tip of course:thumbsup:

14. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. Simply do not order a full breakfast. Cafes and restaurants will let you order à la carte. A nice light breakfast my wife enjoys is just toast and coffee. Or, go European and have a "continental" instead of the American traditional heavy breakfast.

Bill

15. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I quite often eat salad and soup for breakfast, no worries. I don't like sweet food much, and I certainly don't like it first thing in the morning. Eggs are great but I like to eat at work (don't want to eat when I get up at 6am....) so salad & soup are easy to transport......

16. StreetKore

StreetKore Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try the ham & swiss croissant panini from Il Fornaio Panetteria (the cafe, not the restaurant) in NY/NY

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.