1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Lewis Black-disappointing show

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, May 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Friday night we saw Lewis Black for the 3rd time. We have really enjoyed his shows the previous two times we have seen him. This time, not so much.

First time at the Pabst theater in Milwaukee. We have seen him at the Overture Center in Madison, WI and the Riverside in Milwaukee, WI.

We were in the "cheap" seats ($70 ea) in the 3rd level and we couldn't hear half the show because of poor audio. What we did hear was not his normal rants. It just wasn't funny to us. I don't think we'd pay to see him again.

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Milwaukee, a simple 7 minute walk to the venue. The hotel, with taxes and fees was $180 for the night. Parking at the attached garage was another $25 for 24 hours.

Even though most of our stays in Vegas are comped, if I ever get charged, I vow not to complain!

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  2. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry the show sucked Joe,hope you got to enjoy some Brats and Beer while you were in Milwawkee. I once paid around $200 a ticket to see Bocelli in AC Convention Hall. The first half he just sung opera,big diappointment,at internission I lined up for the mens room and I guy asked me what line this was. I told him it was to get our money back and a bunch of other guys agreeded with me. The second half he sung in english ,a lot of more popular songs. Mrs. had to agree,it wasnt worth the price.

3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at the same show Friday night. I thought he was good, not great. He was recording a CD so I would have thought it would be "A" material. I think if you've never seen him before it would have been very enjoyable. But if you have seen him before (I have) he's been better.

4. Alexander

Alexander Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It could have been that Lewis may have been rehashing jokes he already did. I remember Russell Brand getting criticism for Doing Life being basically the same as Russell Brand: Live In New York. I remember someone saying something like "Really? Rehashing your own jokes in a different venue is a sure tell tale sign that you are lazy as f...as a stand up Comedian!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.