1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Let's start this now

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by broncofn, May 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who is going to Mayweather/Pac II? Just talked the wife into it if it happens. Typical Floyd training got him the win and I think Pac wore himself out in the earlier rounds. Either way, was a decent fight but would've liked to see more.

2. Rubos

Rubos Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mayweather said his last fight will be in September - any ideas who he will face? Do you think it will be a rematch broncofn? He won pretty easily for me.....

3. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I heard it will be his last fight also. And I believe it will be a rematch with Mayweather winning again to end a perfect career even though I hate to admit it.

4. Rubos

Rubos Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am in vegas weekends 12 and 19 of September so could work out well. Love him or hate him he will go down as one of the best boxers of all time. As a. Brit I would like him to fight Khan or Kell. Brook - I would think that's unlikely though

5. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't see a rematch happening. There would have to be a ton of controversy about the fight this weekend in order to warrant a rematch.

It will be interesting to see who they hype up for the next fight though.

6. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No rematch. They can't sell it. They could had two or three if this happened when it should've. The next one will probably be an easy pushover.

7. pressitagain

pressitagain Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There will be a rematch but not in Vegas.

There is still a tonne of money to be made in the Asian markets. The North American market is tapped out.

Mayweather promotions knew this going in.

8. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In recent years Manny has involved himself in other interests. He's a born again Christian. He plays and is on a pro basketball team in the Philippines. He sings and records songs. He's an elected congressman.

There is none of that focused, hunger driven fierceness that many people remember.

A re-match wouldn't change this. Manny has passed his prime. He knows this and I realized it last night.

Both fighters respected each others accomplishments going up to this fight and probably mutually agreed to fight because the fans (and money hungry promoters) wanted it. But Manny (with his wife and family concerned for his well being) probably weighed all these factors in and said give the fans a fight but its not worth it to risk injury.

The eye of the tiger is long gone in these two fighters. Mayweather will pick and choose who he fights to maintain a clean no loss record. Manny in my opinion wants to move on to other things in his life, rightfully so.

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  9. Gofaster87

Gofaster87 Low-Roller

My thoughts exactly. Pac has too many other things going on in his life to concentrate on a sport that is beyond his prime.

10. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was convinced there would be a draw this time to force a rematch to have an even bigger payday. However after watching that last night I don't think there will be one.

However I think that Floyd will fight twice more so he can try to get to 50-0. He'll fight some tomato can in Sept and then once the new arena in Vegas is complete.

IF a re-match does come to fruition then I will come to Vegas to see it. I have never seen a fight live in Vegas and this would be one that I would like to see.

11. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly.

Also it's going to be nearly impossible to mount the same excitement like prior to last nights fight. In the end, the fight was a snoozer and not worth the hype or the money it made. Yes, I paid $99 to see it. I won't pay that much again and I think I'm not alone.

This fight was 1 and done and something that had to get done before each fighter hangs up the gloves.

I don't think Manny's head was really into the fight. I never saw him with a game face. Press conference in march he was playing with his cell phone the entire time. During the stare down at the weigh in he was smiling and actually said 'Thank You' to Mayweather. Even during the fight, he was smiling.

6 months from now they will both be officially retired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.