1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Less than 4 days away and I am SO NOT ready.

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by vwhiten, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a procrastinator at heart but this time it is not totally my fault. I work nights - 12 hour shifts. It is hard to arrange coverage to take off in my position. It is only me and another nurse. Not that I am that special but nobody wants my job. It really is not that hard - I supervise and watch everyone else work - but it is frequently filled with stress and drama -- therefore - nobody wants it. I know this to be true because my night shift partner in crime is going to day shift and I could not convince/strong arm anyone to take her position - so we had to hire outside. Anywho in order to get a long stretch off I had to work a long stretch myself. I worked Wednesday, Thursaday, Friday, and Saturday - I have slept for about 3 hours today and I have tonight off --- then back Monday and Tuesday nights. Off Wednesday and leave uber early in the morning Thursday. Our flight leaves at 6 am we are about 90 minutes from the airport. Mr. Uber punctuality has to get to the terminal 2 hours before so we can wait for the Southwest counter to open. He will have all his things ready by Tuesday so he can proudly look down his nose at me and say 'I'm ready"

I have clothes to wash a house to clean since it has been sitting abandoned for the last week. I also managed to have Thanksgiving dinner Thursday for my family (we are a small group) So after 3 hours sleep today I am going to conquer the house (pig sty) Get laundry done. Start to pack. Tomorrow I have to get the wieniees their shots (the dogs) -for the Kennel- The husband would be in trouble if his weenie needed a shot. Of course now they call kennels resorts or spas. It actually will cost more per night to board them than our stay at Luxor with the resort fee -- hence I don't understand the complaining about the resort fee. Oh and the kennel also adds on discretionary fees -- It is around $10 a day extra if you opt in for the personalized play time -- sorry weenies that $10 is needed for gambling budget. Also I just checked out their website They how have Luxury doggie condos for $20 a night more per dog -- again sorry weenies no Bellagio/ Wynn for you -- The pet "resort" - and resort is really in their name is very nice - indoor outdoor runs etc. Gosh I am rambling.

Continuing with Wednesday I have to get my hair done - yes it is a necessity. Also I need a pedicure and I may opt for the manicure nail shellac if I have time. And to top it off our obligatory director/supervisor Christmas party is at 5 pm on Wednesday. And, of course I have to find time to drop the weenies off at the pet "resort" -- Sleep will not be an option on Wednesday.

Anyone else like me - pedal to the metal to you get on the plane - and then sigh -- I am there-- Already dreaming of a margarita and a Royal Flush on a VP machine.

36th Wedding Anniversary
  2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never pack before the night before.

Too much to get wrapped up.

3. Yall

Yall Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like to start packing a few days in advance. It gives me somthing to focus on instead of just counting down the hours until we head to the airport.

Then again, if you're as busy as vwhiten you probably aren't counting down the hours but rather wishing you had a few more!

Last trip as a non-parent...
  4. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read about 1/3rd of your post and now I need a nap.

May I suggest that you prioritize and focus? Eliminate a few things off your list maybe? You don't want to get the Vegas and make like you're in a coma for half a day.

5. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't imagine keeping your schedule leading up to a LV trip! Like Lola....I am worn out just thinking about it. Good luck and hope you get to enjoy your trip!!!

6. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also didn't mention that my elderly mother with major medical and mental problems lives with me and my husband. I have to set my alarm at 12 noon every day to get her lunch because she will not eat unless I get her food ready and bring it to her. Twice a year my single sister with no children gives me a break for about 6 days. I haven't been away since April. Can you hear the tiny violins in the background??? We have been going to Vegas twice a year for about 4 years now. A lot of my friends roll their eyes when I say I am going to Vegas. "You go all the time" --- I don't think twice a year is excessive. They also question why I don't want to go anywhere else. I tell them there is no where else where I can stay for this price, not rent a car and literally have endless opportunities for fun. And as goes the Bon Jovi song --- It's My Life.

The only true necessities I need to bring is Money and ID and my contact lenses and glasses -- anything else I can buy there. My packing list is much more involved than that, of course -- I'm a girl. -- More clothing,shoes, jewelry, cosmetics and hair products than I need or will use. Men just don't understand.

36th Wedding Anniversary
  7. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delegate some of the tasks to your husband and enjoy a much needed vacation!

8. judy

judy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if u are a nurse you enjoy yourself and relax when you get there! You sound like you do a lot for so many, I salute you! WOW----people always have comments :Þ for me, about going to vegas! There was a great thread about this last year- hillarious!! You are right...it IS your life so do what u want to! agree with taking too much jewelry,etc! there is always a trip to Sephora for that missing mascara! enjoy and RELAX!!:wave:

9. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great comment.... also when you're rushing around thinking, "I need to do this and I need to do that..." ask yourself "or what?" You'll be surprised how many tasks really don't matter that damn much. You're gonna clean your house and then leave? I'm thinkin' your husband should have it clean when you return.

10. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a procrastinator. The hub is a way-ahead packer.

I still get it done.

It'll all be worth it if you let yourself relax once you get there. Have a great trip.

11. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Tip: have the salon do as much of your manicure while you are getting your pedi. That's what my salon does and it saves a lot of time. :thumbsup: I am always packing up until the moment I leave, never seems to be enough time to get everything done. Your schedule wears me out just reading it, but in the end you will be ready when you need to be. Sleep on the plane and wake up in Vegas!! I hope you enjoy your trip, sounds as if it is well deserved. :eek:

12. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! You have a lot on your plate. I do hope your DH is helping you out more than it sounds, if not he needs a "honey do list". :evillaugh On the bright side few more sleeps and you can relax and enjoy :) My DH always teases me if I pack early as I will repack a million times then; he packs once, last minute and is done.

Enjoy, your well deserved vacation :)

13. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Husband does help. My sister comes to stay with my mother so I have to have the house in some kind of functional clean. My mother used to adore my husband, but her dementia has changed her and she is convinced he is the devil -- she thinks he hides her bras, socks, and sponge curlers, lol. He checks on her when I am sleeping but he tries to stay out of her way. He has put his life on hold so that he can help watch her -- I am truly blessed. He does not enjoy Vegas as much as I do -- he knows it is my escape and he comes along for the ride. I

36th Wedding Anniversary
  14. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    when I do the family trip, we drop $125/day for live in dog-sitter (5, yes Five Huskies!, screw kennel cough right in the ass)

anyway you need to slap both single Sis and Hub with 5 fingers and generally crack that whip, this is Vegas baby!

this explains why I'm doing mostly solo trips, "you guys got this?, mmkay later"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.