1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Legal experts... a question

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by StormHawk, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormHawk

StormHawk High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My girlfriend got this message today from here apartment management company:

Campustown Residents: Campustown will be implementing percautionary measures & creating a wristband policy for all of our buildings. Each resident will be issued a wristband as well as 3 guest wristbands for visitors. You can pick up your wrist bands in the Campustown office starting April 15th. The policy will start on Wednesday, April 17th and go through Sunday, April 21st. All residents & guests must have the wristband on during those dates to be allowed access to any campustown building.

I don't have a copy of the lease with me here, but can anyone shine some light on the legality of this? It's a big party weekend for Iowa State University and this is an off-campus privately owned company.

2. Oskee2001

Oskee2001 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not a legal expert (but I have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express), but I did used to work for a large apartment leasing agency in Champaign, Ill. (University of Illinois). I do think this is legal...this is basically the same as having to show an ID to get into a dorm building or having to swipe a card to get in to a building vestibule, etc. It's just for the weekend, and they've obviously had trouble with out of town guests creating disturbances and damaging property so they're trying to keep that to a minimum.

3. JNCVH

JNCVH Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would think with all of the issues that have happened at campuses over the last couple of years this is a form of monitoring who is allowed to be there. I see it as a sign of security, especially if only for a weekend.:drunk:

4. Dicehawg

Dicehawg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My son goes to Iowa State and lives in an off campus apartment complex. He hasn't mentioned anything about this for his complex.

Why is this a big party weekend at ISU?

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, he hasn't mentioned it because he's probably throwing a block party! ever seen Project X?

6. Dicehawg

Dicehawg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL. I hope he is, I'm just pissed I'm not invited. I had to Google Project X. Looks like something I would have done back in the 70's.

7. StormHawk

StormHawk High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    VEISHEA is next week/end. This is Campustown Properties, which is scattered across the bar/restaurant district across the highway from main campus.

8. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hate to say it, but you need the lease. The answer is likely entirely dependent on the document

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.