1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Leaving MGM after 11 yrs, Now V/P-Mistake?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by 2VegasNuts, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This past weekend the wife and I booked comped rooms at Bellagio and V/P. Prior to this we stayed exclusively at MGM properties for the past 11 yrs. The V/P offer came from a couple hours of BJ $200/hand a couple months ago. We donate about $10k-$25k/yr to MGM.

Thursday started with myself playing in a poker tourney at Venetian for 9 hrs. During this time my wife played penny slots for about 7 hrs at V/P. When the day ended, she had accumulated about 7,000 in status points and I won a nice chunk of change in the poker tourney. We left the V/P and headed back to Bellagio and went to sleep. Bad day for MGM (not that they really care)

Friday I got up early and headed down to play at Bellagio to please my new host there. But first, I stopped by the Holiday Gift Shoppe to use my 250,000 points to get a new IPad and Accessories. I was informed that my points could not be used since I used $100 in FP the day prior. I showed them an email from my new host that provided me an offer with no "fine print" as she called it. The Mlife lady did not care. I then played about 30 hands of $100 BJ and lost $2,000. I was already not happy so we left to go to Venetian.

Keeping a long story short, we played at Venetian Friday and Saturday too. My wife got sick Saturday, but we still accumulated about 12,000 in status points, 17,000 in slot reward credits, $102 in slot credits, and 4 hrs of BJ at $100/hand. We are just regular purple Grazie level playing on one account.

I am sure MGM will cut us off for low/no play. Oh well. My questions are:

Is that play good enough to at least get 3 nt room offers for weekends?
    Have I gone to the dark side with V/P or is it now better?
    Do status points drop to 0 on 1/1/13?
    How much coin-in is our play? Their ADT win chart is impossible to understand :( See below...

Reel & Video reel games

Status Level.............Percentage of Theoretical Win Available in Slot Credits‡..............Points Awarded per $ of Theoretical Win
    Grazie................................................... 6%.............................................................................10
    Gold......................................................9%..............................................................................15
    Platinum................................................12%.............................................................................20

Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  2. Ike

Ike Low-Roller

I made the mistake of concentrating my play at V/P during their whole comp fiasco. I stayed there in a cash room for a work conference, and I lost over $3K to them during 8+ hours of blackjack at $25-$150 a hand. All I've ever received form them was discounted room offers. Needless to say, I have not been back. That experience left an extremely sour taste in my mouth. I know my experience was not the norm, but I receive too good of offers elsewhere to even give them a second chance. Their rooms and restaurants are very nice though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.