1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Leaving for Vegas tomorrow

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by ncoday, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncoday

ncoday Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to be driving tomorrow from Seattle to Vegas, I take the I84 to US 93 route, then straight down to Vegas, I have 4WD, so snow should not be an issue for me, although the road can get a little dicey going over the Pendleton Pass in OR. Going to stop and sleep in my truck overnight somewhere south of Jackpot.

On Tuesday, my fiance and I will be crashing with her brother at the Cannery. Not a place I would ever book, but whatever, should be fun.

On Wednesday some of my friends are flying in from Seattle, and we are crashing with them that night, staying at the Wyndham just east of the strip. We will be checking out Rollin' Smoke BBQ, so I will be sure to post about my experience there.

Thursday is our big day, getting married at The Wedding Chapel of Las Vegas, checking into THE Hotel (3 comped nights, $100 Resort Credit / $100 FP), then going to BRAND at Monte Carlo with some friends, and renting a Limo for a Strip Tour that night.

Friday night my new bride and I will be going to the Soul to Soul concert at the Venetian (her idea).

No concrete plans for Saturday, may play Craps for the first time (thanks for all of the tips), and maybe try Caesar's Buffet for dinner(open to other recommendations around the same price).

Sunday we will be going to the NASCAR race.

No plans Monday, may catch a show that night, thinking Terry Fator, not sure yet.

Checking out Tuesday, and driving home, this time through California up I-5.

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whoa! Sounds like a GREAT visit is about to be had... Congrats on the wedding!!!

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the trip & wedding!! Hope you have a great time - sounds like you can't miss.....oh & win big!!!

4. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations on your upcoming nuptuals; we arrive on Thursday. Hubby is going to Nascar Fri, Sat & Sun leaving me time to gamble undisturbed.
    Have a wonderful trip!!

5. ncoday

ncoday Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks.

Of all the days, I-90 is CLOSED because of heavy snow. Sitting on the side of the freeway waiting for it to reopen, as long as it opens by noon it will be faster waiting it out than my other route options.

News guy set up right behind me.

Attached Files:

6. Canuckgem

Canuckgem Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations to you and your bride-to-be. If you have a deck of cards in your vehicle, you can play blackjack while you wait for the road to open up....

7. eisen7979

eisen7979 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats to both of you! Sounds like a great time despite the weather (I'm in Minnesota so we are patiently waiting for this frozen tundra to give us a break).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.