1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Leaving for a night

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by brownies95, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brownies95

brownies95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I asked this question a few years ago. Hoping for more responses this time.

We will be in Vegas July 12th-19th. Staying at Aria. We have decided to take a side trip to the Grand Canyon. What started out as a bus trip for the day has now evolved into renting a car, staying overnight at the canyon. and returning the next day. Rather than check out and check back in the next day we are going to put the do not disturb sign on the door and head out.

My question....has anybody here ever done this before? If by chance the hotel found out about us leaving for the day/night, could this be a problem?

Thanks,
    Tim:peace:

2. TRN

TRN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Won't be a problem at all. Unless they find dead hookers in your room while you're gone, then you may need to answer some questions.

3. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ....and they shouldn't even go in since he has the DND sign on the door....

Problem? Hellz no

4. Rumdranker

Rumdranker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No problem. You paid (or comped) for the room, if you sleep there or not is up to you.

Don't even have to put up the DND sign if you want your room cleaned when you return.

I've thought about making that side trip, but haven't been able to pull myself away yet. Good luck!

5. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

I do it all the time. On a lot of trips i have 2 rooms booked...one mid strip or lower (Cosmo, Bellagio, or MGM Grand) and one at Harrahs. The Harrah's room rarely gets used. In fact, last month i was there for two weeks and for the first week, we maybe stepped foot into the Harrah's room twice. We just put the DND tag up and don't worry about a thing.

6. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No need to sweat it. You paid for the room, you can stay there or not.

Just remember... there are some people who "find a friend" for the night and don't stay in their rooms either :wink2:

If you leave the DND sign on the door, you may come back to a message on the phone asking to call when you want room service, but that would probably be the most of it.

7. brownies95

brownies95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone!!

Tim:peace:

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are not required to stay in the room. You can go out and party for 48 hours if you want. They do not care.

BUT - and this happened to us once. The DoNotDisturb sign must have disappeared. The only thing in the room as a host gift (wine * crackers). We were at another hotel. Came back and it was empty. I think housekeeping thought we had left and cleaned the place out.

In your case, leave some stuff in the room and the DoNot Disturb sign.

9. jackincols

jackincols Guest

Very good point. Leave your main luggage out in plain sight. Just pack an overnight bag for the Canyon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.