1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Lazy Joe's Fish & Chips (aka "Oh, so that is where they moved the IP smell!)

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by mrsvjw, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrsvjw

mrsvjw High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    (I do believe the moved the old "very used peanut oil" smell from the Imperial Palace to this place....)

I know a gluten-free query pops up here every once in awhile... if you are looking for an awesome gluten-free experience, lay off the cocktails until post-lunch one day, rent a car, and figure out how to get to Lazy Joe's Fish and Chips.

It is ALL gluten-free fried food.

And ya'll who do not have to be gluten free have no idea how exciting that is. I didn't even have to add "...and I have a wheat allergy" when I was already ordering off the gluten-free menu (yes, that does often make a difference) since the place is ALL gluten-free.

And fried food. I don't get to eat fried food unless I cook it myself. Ever.

Apparently everything - from appetizers to fish and seafood - is all made with their own hand made gluten-free batter (seemed to me to be cornmeal or corn flour based, a lot like a recipe I have from the Heaven on 7 cookbook - Chicago place). Like, you can actually get fried cheese sticks. And a lot of seafood and fish.

I opted for the fried oyster platter - medium. It was not cheap, but it was worth it. I have not had fried oysters in YEARS. And they were perfect - not greasy, not overcooked (in fact, any liquid at the bottom of my place was oyster liquor and not grease), and just wonderful. Served with some awesome hand cut fries. Cole slaw was totally tasteless, but I really could have cared about that less. Husband had catfish and while I usually cannot get him to touch any type of fish at home, he enjoyed his meal also. I wish I had ordered more things.

I think my GPS said it was about 9 miles off strip, maybe a 20 minute drive, and not hard to find.

And if you want to avoid the oil smell, they have seats outside.

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been there... it's good... the staff was incredibly friendly. I LOVE fish & chips, but I'm more the traditional beer battered type, but I'd return if on that side of town.

3. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This place has been on my radar for a while but I've never quite made it there. One trip, I tried to get there for an early dinner before a flight home, but traffic was so bad that I had to turn around and head back towards the airport. Maybe this trip....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.