1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Latest sleep aid - VT Podcast Episode 10

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Funkhouser, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel like this is my latest rant about these guys, but man after VT doing some great coverage on the Bellagio rooms recently, we now get this turdfest.

The change diatribe during the first 90 seconds had me nodding off. Anyway for your snoozing pleasure you can find another episode at:

http://www.vegastripping.com/news/blog/5650/vegastripping-ep-10-change/

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  2. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You made it through 90 seconds?

3. M_ILIS

M_ILIS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Might be time to divert some of your Vegas bankroll into some therapy sessions to figure out why you obsessively post about VT when you supposedly hate them so much. If you don't like VT or the people behind it, ignore it. Don't read it. Don't listen. Real simple.

4. Funkhouser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't say I obsessively post about them. I have just been disappointed in the quality of the blog and all the VIMP / D / Derek Stevens hype probably the last 18 months. If you go back thru the historical content, there are some great reviews. So yeah I probably have been a vocal critic of the site the last 18 months or so.

Chuck can still put out some quality stuff and I love the misnomer articles. The Wynn Roger Thomas stuff is great. Bellagio Room reviews great. The last couple of food reviews Chuck wrote mediocre IMHO.
    VT generates web ad revenue from advertising and operates as a quasi business. Since they are a public blog and self hype themselves so IMHO they are fair game for criticism. If I didn't like um I wouldn't call out crap content when I see it. If it makes you feel better I think the LVA is pretty useless as well these days. Bitching about a public entity is not a sign of OCD. I have got plenty of other shit.

So I will go on checking VT every day like I do, link to the good content, share the good stuff with board members, and call out and link the less than great content in hopes the VT site Gods who pop in over here will use it to improve.

5. Funkhouser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I don't paint myself as the lone VT hater on the board. Here is some kick ass content put out by the VT folks I encourage everyone to read.
    This is the stuff I would like to see them produce more of, and less of the touch feely podcast crap.

Rob O - SLS articlet

http://www.vegastripping.com/features/feature.php?feature_id=245&page=1

Bellagio Presidental Suite _ Obama Slept Here
    http://www.vegastripping.com/features/feature.php?feature_id=220&page=1

El Cortez Cabana Suites Review

http://www.vegastripping.com/features/feature.php?feature_id=218&page=1

John Unwin - Cosmo CEO Interview
    http://www.vegastripping.com/features/feature.php?feature_id=214&page=1

6. M_ILIS

M_ILIS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry for being sort of a dick yesterday, Funk. I find it interesting that you don't like the podcast, though, because it's really become my most anticipated Vegas podcast. I love FHBM, and Vegas Gang is good, but I would think people here would also love the VT podcast because it's really just a celebration of Vegas and an in-depth examination of the little details that make us all love Vegas so much. I'd contend it's the most thoughtful Las Vegas-related podcast in its appreciation for the city. Is it the pacing you don't like? I don't mind the periods of silence but I can see how others would be bothered by its somewhat unstructured format.

7. MikeE

MikeE The Shah's Slightly Hairy Cousin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    M_ILIS, thanks!
    Funkhouser, thanks?

8. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Vegas Gang is one of my favorite podcasts and quite informative. I wish it was on more often. It improved substantially since the mic-hogging Jef Simpson departed.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.