1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Last Vegas

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Dean Martin, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    http://www.lastvegasmovie.com/

I did a search and didn't see any threads on this movie yet. We went to see Gravity yesterday and saw this preview. Looks like a very funny movie with an awsome cast....."party like it's 1959":poke::evillaugh

2. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like a hoot and holler, they have been running advertisements for this film on TV at the two MGM properties we stayed at.

3. Kickin

Kickin Flea

It looks like it's trying to be The Hangover for senior citizens. I saw the trailer during Gravity as well, which was awesome btw. I hope you made sure to watch it in true IMAX 3D!

4. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3-D mugging- the prospect gives ME a hangover.

5. luvstp

luvstp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We don't go see a lot of movies these days because we are clearly not the target audience of 18-35 anymore, but we'll definitely got see this one.

What did you think of Gravity? We haven't been, but I've been on the fence as to whether to go or not.

6. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't remember the exact line from the commercial, but I love when Morgan Freeman says about Red Bull & Vodka - It's like I'm getting drunk and electrocuted at the same time.

:kill: Yeah, that was my experience with the cocktail too.

7. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did... I'm sure I'm in the minority but I thought the movie was just OK. You can only watch Sandra Bullok float around in space for so long. And then there was the fire extinguisher travel through space. That was the "yea, it's a movie" moment for me

8. jackincols

jackincols Guest

The reason you haven't seen any threads for this movie yet is probably because it doesn't open until Nov. 1st (I think).

9. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True, but they've been promoting the hell out of it for months now. When I was at MGM in mid-July, they were showing the trailer for it constantly on the in-house mLife channel that the TV defaults to when you turn it on.

10. jackincols

jackincols Guest

Trailers or not, kinda hard to talk about a movie that nobody's seen yet, unless you want to talk about the cast..... and it's a great one.

11. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah yes, The Hangover for the 60 Minutes crowd...(I'm guessing you won't see many late show times for this one!):poke:

Good cast, though. Those guys ought to be able to make it worth a view.

12. Kickin

Kickin Flea

LOL there were a bunch of big technical liberties they took.

SPOILERS:
    Most notably the idea that the Hubble and ISS and Chinese station would be at the same latitudes on the same orbits. In reality they aren't even close for precisely the reason that they'd all be susceptible to the same damage in those scenarios.

The fire extinguisher scene was problematic because of the way she held it away from her body and a bit high. It would need to be as close as possible to her center of gravity to prevent her from spinning and avoid building up any angular momentum. But otherwise it would technically work as long as the extinguishers pressure held up.

It was a visually stunning movie though, that's why it needs to be seen in true IMAX 3D

13. luckylinda

luckylinda High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a preview ticket for Wednesday will write my opinion if I get in to theater.

14. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love movies filmed in Vegas ... just for the escape of feeling like you're in Vegas again for a couple hours.

15. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I will wait for the DVD as I have a feeling the only funny parts are the ones seen in the commercial.

16. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last Vegas, in theaters Nov. 1

Saw a preview screening of this flick earlier this evening. It's extra corny with a side of cheesy.

It had good laughs in it, but it's not destined to become a comedy classic. It poked fun at old age, as you should expect if you've seen a preview of this movie. I won't say much else, other than that the guys are introduced to the "bottle service" phenomenon.

Scenes from Vegas were filmed about a year ago, I read, and the one thing that sticks out is a shot of the Gold Spike in all its glory.

Oops, one more spoiler. The dudes go to Binion's thinking each other had booked rooms there. I'll leave it at that. The response they get to why they don't have rooms is kinda funny, but not to the average rube.

17. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw it tonight at a sneak preview.

I agree with what ClownHo said.

Everyone on this board is going to see it, so it really doesn't matter what any of us reviewers say. Be assured that the reason all of us here want to see it will be satisfied by seeing it. Lots of Vegas shown.

18. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm so excited!! haha. Looks right up my alley.

19. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  20. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have tickets for tomorrow night for a pre-screening available to Regal Crown Club members. I was really looking forward to it, but not so much now after reading ClownHo's short review.

Oh well, maybe the fact that I'm 52 will make it funnier for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.