1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Last Vegas, the movie

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by wellmel, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What'd you guys think of the movie Last Vegas? I thought it was funny, and put me in the mood for Vegas. But it doesn't take much.

Gonna catch my flight in a few hours!

2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really enjoyed it; there were a few "faux pas" in the movie, but part of the fun is spotting them.

Have a wonderful trip!!! Hope to see a Trip Report when you come back.

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too enjoyed it... It wasn't hilarious, but full of funny spots and of course, the Vegas tie-in was all I really needed to keep my attention.

4. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really enjoyed it too!

5. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thought it started off really good but the second half got pretty boring.

6. QIKFIX

QIKFIX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed it.

Love seeing downtown LV in new movies

7. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I loved it. We brought our teenagers and my parents to see it. My 15 yr old son thought it was one of the funniest movies he's ever seen. He likes all those "old folks" jokes. He's really close with my dad so they got some really good laughs out of it.

40th Birthday Bash!
  8. OneManWolfPack

OneManWolfPack Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sort of collect Vegas movies/shows. Was a great movie for showing off Vegas. Dude messed up dumping his hottie for a binions lounge singer. She reminds me of the girl in frozen marrying a man she just met.
    A nice big studio Vegas trip. I like the independent ones a little better because the actors aren't just collecting paychecks.

My current favorite is Hard Eight. Last Vegas rates above the oceans trilogy but below hangover 1.

9. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked it.

10. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thoroughly enjoyed it, but I too love seeing Vegas in movies. Loved Morgan Freeman "jumping" out of bedroom window and at the blackjack table. As for the "mix ups" in the film, anyone notice after they found out Binions rooms wouldn't be ready for "about a year" and they get out of the cab headed to Aria? They show Mirage in the background and the 4 guys and girl are walking NORTH??? ROFL

11. topcard

topcard Older than the Stardust!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I keep hoping to find that park-bench on the Fremont Street pedestrian mall, just outside of Binion's.

Finally have the room booked! Look for me Feb 21-23
  12. Jameezy

Jameezy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved this movie but Vegas vets would drive themselves crazy with movies like this. Hiw are you heading to the Aria if you are walking past Mirage lol. That part drove me insane haha. I'm only 24 and this movie still puts me in a vegas mood haha. It's in my collection for good.

13. Starz22

Starz22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the same thing!! You are waaay far from Aria...the direction didn't add up. Liked the movie...thought it would be funnier...

14. Jameezy

Jameezy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hear ya and the part where they sit on a bench in the middle of fremont street. Any vegas vet would know that is just not tue reality of fremont street. Lol I could be wrong though. Swear I've never seen a bench in the middle of fremont

15. DBear

DBear VIP Whale

Oh no! I started watching this movie on an airplane. Second movie of the flight for me, so I only saw the first half hour of the movie. Looked decent enough with a couple of chuckles. Was looking forward to watching the rest on the flight home, but alas, the month changed and it was no longer showing! GRRRR. Now I'm trying to find it so I can finish watching it.

16. jhpa

jhpa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOVED it. What a cast. And what eye candy along with it. Maybe I liked it so much because I am the age they were in the movie. I would love to have two days in Vegas that were scripted like that movie.

I do wonder if younger folks would think it is as funny?

Now the person who said that they loved it more than Hangover 1 - that's going a little too far.

17. easystreet57

easystreet57 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love 'The Hangover" (1) movie, I have watch it more times than I care to remember and can repeat most of the lines with just the slighest prompting ,but "Last Vegas" makes it difficult to pick a favorite. Having seen all that I can find and owning a large amout of "anything Vegas" videos, I enjoyed the substance and storyline in "Last Vegas". I disagree with not keeping the "hottie".

Not to turn this into a film critic post, but I have to say that Mary Steenburgen portrally of the lounge singer became one of favorite character in the film. She carried it through with grace and dignity and spoke well of the value of middle aged women. He chose wisely! I too am nearly the age of the foursome, this could bias my opinion.

One other point, if you own the DVD, I suggest watching the "Filmaker Commentary" on the feature part of the disc, it runs just about through the entire film while the Producer/Director talk over the audio and tell inside stories about the characters and the filming, I belive they even discuss why they were going the wrong direction while heading for Aria, check it out.

18. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was a bit of enjoyable and harmless fun. I liked it and people shouldn't dissect it so much. It's not going for an Oscar.

19. ClownHo

ClownHo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to a premiere screening for it. It had funny moments, but overall it wasn't anything great. It left me with no intention to see it again. Few comedies do.

20. jhpa

jhpa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would be willing to bet that the feeling about the film is directly proportional to the age of the viewer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.