1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Last minute trip - Hope to update regularly

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by JSR1968, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSR1968

JSR1968 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Sitting in Columbus airport starting boarding. Short flight to Memphis then Vegas. Bought my airfare one week ago for $277. 2 nights comped at Excalibur with $25 free play. I know it's not fancy but I am solo and it's free. Padded my bankroll by $225 by covering a bartending shift for a friend yesterday. More from Vegas when I get there. JSR

2. JSR1968

JSR1968 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. We pushed back from the gate and the plane is broken. We are changing planes but I will definitely miss my flight. Looks like about a loss of 3-4 hours

3. gongoman

gongoman MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well hope you have a great time--I liked the Excalibur --Dicks last resort there was really fun:beer:

4. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck - have a great time!

5. JSR1968

JSR1968 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get to Memphis with 13 minutes to spare and start off for my gate. The Delta app said I was already rebooked so it didn't look good. I get to the gate and luck was on my side. This plane had an air conditioning issue and was delayed. I was the last person to board. We arrived to Vegas on time. More to come...

6. slyfox1357

slyfox1357 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice! Now go get'em! Best of Luck! :beer:

7. JSR1968

JSR1968 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Monday June 18th

Actually arrived in Vegas on time. Cab to the Excalibur after waiting in a HUGE line. There was a video device attached to the ceiling which was a nonstop commercial about Wynn. UGH! The cab driver was excellent (driving skills and conversation). Got to the EX in no time even with an accident at Swenson and Tropicana.

Checked in at VIP services WOW! lol The guy who checked me in was not so nice. Its a small thing but instead of saying "do you have a floor preference?" he said "do you care what floor you are on?". I replied "No" and he put me on the 3rd floor (lowest possible). I really didnt care and I had a GREAT view of a brick wall!

Went through the handful of stuff I got when I checked in, grabbed my free drink coupons and headed down to play my $25 of freeplay.

I figured I would sit at a bar for my freeplay to get the beers started. I didnt realize at the time that it was a sign of things to come that my $40 and $25 freeplay only resulted in cashing out $70 after hitting a 4oak (DDB VP) VERY late in the proceedings. I had 2-3 pints in that time so I thought I would walk around in search of a 9/6 DDB machine. I found one, sat down and buzzed through $120 without hitting a single 4oak. Sheesh! Changed locations (in the EX) and nearly the same result. $100 in and NOTHING!

Walked over to Luxor and found a $.25 DDB VP progressive that was over $1,400.00. I played that machine for what seemed like FOREVER getting four 4oak's to keep me interested. At one point I was dealt 3oak 15 times (Aces 4 of those times) with NO 4oak. Ended up losing $50 overall. It was 3:45pm now, I had not eaten AT ALL and after 8-10 beers was feeling it.

Went downstairs to the Luxor buffet right before the changeover to dinner pricing (gotta save that $50 credit lol). The food was good as usual. I grabbed a couple of beers and headed up to the room to kick up my feet and watch TV.

NOTE: Even though the EX is 22 years old and the rooms are pretty dated, the A/C works GREAT!

Apparently I dozed off because when I woke up it was dark outside. I thought Hmmmm must have slept a few hours (thinking it was 9pm or so). I rolled over, looked at my phone which said 3am. WHAT!?!?!

to be continued...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.