1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Last Minute August 4-6 Live/Semi-Live/Maybe Not at All

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by fireguye8, Aug 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fireguye8

fireguye8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Preface: I am going to attempt to update this post live or at least semi-live. However, we all know how things work once we get to Vegas. The drinking, the gambling, the gambling, and some more drinking. That being said I don't really know the direction that this trip report will go.

Background: I was scheduled to go with my lovely wife and our two really good friends both Vegas Virgins August 9-11. That's right this coming weekend. My wife does not like to gamble AT ALL. This is pretty much non-negotiable on the trips we take together. I have to get out after she goes to bed. The problem with this is that I am often exhausted in the morning when she likes to get up and going around 8. The Vegas Virgins on the next trip are also an unknown factor. We have dinners, shows, and Spa scheduled for the entire trip. I love spending the time with my wife and friends but I needed to get my gamble on.

That leads me to where I am now. Sitting in the airport getting ready to board a Southwest flight to VEGAS. I made a last minute decision to fly out SOLO yesterday and get back home Tuesday. That gives me Wednesday/Thursday to recover and then heading back out on Friday. The purpose of the trip is simple, PLAY! I plan on spending lots of time at the BJ table. I am a $200 per hand average player. I brought he typical bankroll of 10K per day and I am ready to rock and roll.

Got to the airport about 40 minutes early the business select ticket helped me breeze through security and get to the gate in only 10 minutes after parking. Because the tickets were purchased so last minute it was only $17.00 for business select which allowed the bypass of security, an A4 boarding slot, and drink. I consider this the first win! Getting ready to board. Scheduled to land in Vegas at 12:00.

I know the Tropicana gets beat up on the forum for lots of very good reasons but personally I have had a great time. All the staff is friendly and super attentive. The rules even for the lower limit games are good. So after landing in Vegas the plan is to jump in a cab and head straight to the Trop. I was able to contact my host last night and he was able to get me into one of the Penthouse Loft suites.

VEGAS HERE I COME!!!

2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoy!!!

3. eloisegirl

eloisegirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wishing you the best of luck - life is short, I think it is fantastic you are squeezing in a little Fireguye8 time. Win big! Also: bring Mrs. Fireguye8 a nice present. That way when her girlfriends comment on your trip*, she can show off the Tiffany gewgaw you picked up for her. Head those haters off at the pass! ;)

*Cuz they will.

4. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WOW - I'm impressed fireguye8!! Go to Mecca...drink & gamble for 3 days....go home & re-charge for 2 days ..then...back at it....Sounds like a perfect plan to me. Good luck....enjoy both trips!!!

5. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully TSA doesn't get antsy and subject you tothe probe for your second trip just a few days later fireguye!:wink2:lol

6. fireguye8

fireguye8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So here it is. Please ignore grammer and spelling. I am slightly intoxicated. Even though the flight left 15 minutes late we touched down right on time. Grabbed a cab and to the hotel within 15 minutes of wheels down.

Was able to check right in. The room is amazing. Some day I will figure out how to take pictures. Dropped off the stuff and then downstairs to play.

Up and down. At the most down 5K. Cashed up 4K up. This is rare. I very rarely have a winning session to start with. I am off to dinner and then I think I am going to see Carrot Top .

Thanks for reading. I shall be back with more!

7. fireguye8

fireguye8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quick little update. Things got a little fuzzy last night. The drink of choice was Maker's Mark Manhattans. They actually made a pretty decent one. So I ended up trying Biscayne at the Trop for the first time and I don't want to say I was disappointed because the meal was good but it did not really blow me away.

Actually the appetizer was incredible. It was lamb tacos with the shell made of a fried eggplant. I am not quite sure how they did it but it had the same consistency and feel of a corn tortilla. For the main course I had a filet and mac and cheese. The steak was cooked exactly has ordered. As I said it was good but not great. I think I am getting a little spoiled in Vegas as I want every meal to blow my mind.

After dinner the plan was to check out Carrot Top. Let's just say that never happened. Went to go play BJ for about an hour and the next thing I know is it is 2:00AM. Lots of up and down but mostly down. Up to the room for bed.

It is Vegas and I think when I am in this city I have a sleeping disorder. Up at 6:30 and I actually feel pretty good. I think I had probably 10-12 bottles of water in the last hour or so that I was playing. Looked at the bankroll to survey the damage. I am down $1800.00 for the trip. Not great but it was MUCH worse at times last night.

Now to go find some food. Thanks for reading. Let me know if you have any questions!

8. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually really enjoy Biscayne so hope it was just an off night there. If you like mojitos, have Thomas in The Trop lounge make you one, he makes the BEST mojito!

9. fireguye8

fireguye8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am always down for a good mojito. It is on my list now!

10. Kimsa70

Kimsa70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report so far! I tend to use the word 'fuzzy' in my reports alot. I also missed Carrot Top once when I got caught up in gambling. I'd also suggest the mojitos at the Bellagio Petrossian Bar. Continued good luck!!! Ready for a huge comeback!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.