1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort- Wolf Course

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by guapoxxx, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Morning All,

For mid-May, I have a golf trip planned where my "Motley Crue" is playing the following courses:

Angel Park (Mountain)
    Las Vegas Paiute (Wolf)
    Coyote Springs

I wanted to know if anyone has played the Wolf track recently and if you can provide feedback on how the course is. I've played there before but just want to know how the course recooperated from the flood damage.

I played Snow last November and the course was ok but you could tell something wasn't right...

Thanks,
    Charlie

Annual Golf Trip
  2. yojimbo1

yojimbo1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm heading to LV tomorrow and was planning to play at Paiute...will report back if I remember

3. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just want to point out that Las Vegas Paiute is my favorite place in LV!

Yes, last year the whole place flooded but all courses are fully operational now. They fixed Sun and Snow the quickest (I played Snow in November 2013) but Wolf's repairs weren't completed until after I left.

In any case, I just wanted to know if anyone knew how Wolf was currently playing as Snow was just a decent play for me last November. On Snow, you could tell that repairs were made but I knew that when I decided to golf there-- like I said, it's my favorite golf destination in LV.

Annual Golf Trip
  4. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our group is playing Snow in a few weeks (per the excellent recommendation from Ken). Do you think the issues you noticed with Snow in November will be fixed by now, or were they permanent issues from the flooding that may never be the same?

We are really looking forward to golfing at Paiute for the first time, and glad to hear you are such a big fan.

5. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha, Ken is the man and he gave me the same advice years ago... It's my favorite place to golf in LV! My preference is Wolf but Snow is a good course too. BTW, you will have no problems on Snow when you and your crew golf there in a few weeks. :peace:

There was no permanent damage to any of the courses and I'm 100% sure all the issues I noticed back in November are fixed now... Per my initial post, I just wanted to make sure that Wolf was up to it's "pre-flood" standards as well...

Annual Golf Trip
  6. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the feedback. I am sure someone will chime in with some recent feedback on the Wolf course.

We looked at playing Wolf, but we have a group of 12, some of which are real hackers (myself included). I figured Wolf would be biting off a little more than some of us could chew!

Enjoy your round and best of luck!

7. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You too! Please let us all know how you liked the Snow course...

Annual Golf Trip
  8. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a likewise longtime fan of Paiute, clear back to the gas carts and trailer clubhouse Nu Wav Kai (Snow) and Taiv A Kai (Sun) days, I would be very,very surprised if things aren't all up to speed, if not improved since the flood.
    I have to wait until May for my next trip, more's the pity.

9. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Jeez, I hope I don't screw this up!!

I didn't see the post-flood rehab personally, but anytime you go in with sod it takes a while to get growing conditions restored. And they certainly got hammered.

I think there's some mythology surrounding Wolf and its "difficulty." Tossing out that crazy set of really wayback tees, the slope and rating come back to reason. On paper Sun would look the "easiest," but I remember a time some years back when based on tourney results, it was playing the most difficult.

For most of us slope and rating really mean little, and slope is reputedly the more important gauge since it is based on a mid-cappers would-be ability.

In many regards, Wolf is more generous, with good side boarding most of the way around. Play it too far back and you die, but that happens anywhere. It's really an approach course, and know how to putt. Not a ton of forced carries that can be the bane for higher handicaps. Sun has broad corridors but like Snow offers no shelter at the edge, and for, again, typical players, the bunkering is less severe. I think Snow puts the greatest demand of any on the tee ball.

It's golf. No one is going to die. Beginner, avid recreationalist or more accomplished player, play all three of 'em enough and I'd say w/i each group the numbers are going to cluster and the sleeve count will be about the same, too.

10. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree but unfortunately I have to wait until May as well...

Annual Golf Trip
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.