1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Las vegas first timers

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by sizerman, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sizerman

sizerman Guest

Hi guys thanks for the very warm welcome..
    We are in vegas in august for my wifes big 40...this is part of our holidays as we are first stopping in New York for 3 days and San Fransico for 3 days afterwards...
    We are stopping in The Mirage..we ave a Grand Canyon trip book thru our travel agents with Maverick to the West ridge and space walk....So any tips on what to do would be of great help..especially some where special to eat on Wendys birthday,i have been looking at the restuarant at the top of the Stratosphere ,any good??...
    thanks for any ideas,tips in advance

hope ive put this in the right section being a newbie not sure where to post
  2. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Mar 14, 2008
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dinner budget?

Your trip sounds great so far. New York, San Fran, Las Vegas, and the Grand Canyon.

Good to see you are doing the Grand Canyon. It is spectacular.

In my opinion, there are lots of better restaurants than Stratosphere. Since you are at Mirage you have the Venetian/Palazzo and WYnn/Encore right across the street basically.

French Food? Italian Food? Steak Food? Asian Food? Dinner Budget?

The three restaurants below are considered pricey.

If you want a great view of the Las Vegas lights at night, I highly recommend Alize at Palms. The Dover Sole is delicious. Good wine list.

If you want a fairly great view of the Bellagio Fountains, then the Eiffel Tower Restaurant at Paris. Food is not as good as at Alize, but the fountain show is very nice.

E at Cosmopolitan seems to be a very special, unique dinner experience. You MUST make reservations for this way in advance. I think it seats 12 or something. Look for a trip report by Alexanbo on it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.