1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Las Vegas 51s

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by DK528, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DK528

DK528 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thinking about taking in a game in April when I'm there. The Mets moved their minor league team to Vegas this off-season and I'm hoping to catch Wheeler and d'Arnaud.

Has anyone been to a game before? Would you recommend it? Obviously, it'll be different as its a Mets minor-league team as opposed to whatever team was there previously but curious about the stadium, etc. Thanks!

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was the Jays before (so d'Arnaud has already played there extensively).

Never been to a game there, but expect gaudy stats from even your middling hitting prospects. The PCL is a hitters league, and I've heard the vegas infield is lightning fast.

3. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For their Monday night games they have $1 hot dogs, pretzels, popcorn and cracker jack. Thursday night games have $1 Budweisers.

A friend of mine went when they were the Jays' affiliate and thought the crowd was dead (and he goes to Jays games!) but he liked having a cheap night out in Vegas.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've been to a half dozen games there. Nice loose, friendly atmosphere, much the same as Spring Training for MLB.

Can't beat those Thursday night $1 beers, but the buck hotdogs on Monday are great also!

We never found the crowds to be "dead".

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  5. 21wins

21wins VIP Whale

We'll be catching a game in July. By that time Wheeler and d'Arnaud will already be up(by mid June for contact reasons they couldn't make the team out of Spring Training).

But still looking forward to catching a game.

The Mets and Vegas two of my most favorite things !!!!!

6. mjames1229

mjames1229 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to two games in 2011. The first was lazy Sunday afternoon with a decent crowd. Found an "unauthorized resaler" in the parking lot that sold us four seats at half of face value. We bought them and started walking away, and I noticed that they weren't together. I went back to him and he said "It doesn't matter, you're gonna sit where you want anyway".

And we did just that.

If you go to a day game, there isn't much shade. I wore slacks and a light jacket, and was a little warm, but my buddy wore shorts and sandals and got pretty burnt.

The next day was a cool Monday night and I was alone, and I don't believe they had 2000 in the park.

Super Bowl with my son
    2017 USBC Open Championships
  7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First base side gets the shade first if you're going to night game.:poke:

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  8. 21wins

21wins VIP Whale

Thanks Joe. That helps.

Thread Status: