1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

landing, to picking up rental car... how long?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by danielao, Mar 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danielao

danielao Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just for planning purposes, how long should this take?

Scheduled landing time for my April trip is 11:15am. I will have one checked bag, and will be looking for the rental shuttle in terminal 3 (if that matters).

What's a decent time prediction for when I'll be in a car starting my drive to the strip? (Rental is with Enterprise.)

I realize there are lots of variables here, just looking for a time frame.

2. Fet297

Fet297 Vegas is my happy place!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Landed last week at 1105PM and was leaving the rental facility @ 1147PM.

Southwest, one checked bag and had already checked in with Alamo so no waiting at the rental car counter.

First trip for 2017!
  3. gilly from philly

gilly from philly Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our last flight landed just before noon, and we had one checked bag. The line for the bus from terminal 3 was very long, we got on the fourth bus. The seemed to be very inefficient in loading the bus, they were not allowing anyone to stand. They could learn a few things from the people at Disney World on how to fill a bus! Once we got to the rental car facitlity there was no line(Budget). I would say from walking up the jetway to starting the car was just under an hour and a half.

4. smerrian

smerrian Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my rule of thumb is 'move to the next 1/2 hour and add an hour'...so for you I would move from 11:15 to 11:30 and get the car rental time of 12:30. If you're a little early, or late, they don't mind at all.

5. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It always depends on how baggage claim is running. Sometimes you wait forever and sometime the bag is waiting for you. You need to plan on 15 - 30 minutes for that. Baggage claim to the rental counter can be accomplished in 15 minutes as they are always launching shuttles and the ride takes about 7-8 minutes. I can't help you on the Enterprise counter though.

6. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another thing to note, the freeway that the shuttle bus takes is undergoing renovations so the exit to get to the rental facility could be closed so they have to take the next cutoff (on las vegas blvd). This detour will probably add another 10 or so minutes to your trip to the facility. Not sure if they still close off the exit but you should probably add 10 minutes to your travel time to the facility just in case.

7. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally, I always add padding to my expectations so that I have plenty of time and anything quicker is a nice surprise.

I've never needed more than an hour to collect a car from any airport. Apart from Denver. I'm not even sure the rental lot is within state lines there.

8. mrstealth

mrstealth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i would say on average (20+ trip sample size) 1/2-1 hour. baggage claim and rental car program you are member of being the 2 biggest variables. at that time of day you should be in the faster rather than slower category. i have seen 1+ hour lines at many rental car companies for people who don't belong to a rental car rewards program and have to stand in line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.