1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Laid Back Spots on the Strip?

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by Naturaleight, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naturaleight

Naturaleight High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are some good casual night spots to hit up for mid-20 year olds? I'm not looking for the clubby- pretentious scene. But some cool, casual, relaxed bars to meet chicks.

Something that would be a step above the outside fratty-basketball-shorts-attire in your face drunken debauchery, but below the dolce&gabana-Armani- wearing-dbag clubs.

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guess that leaves out anything at the Hard Rock (not on the strip) and also excludes Tryst, XS and Tao...

My guess would be Carnival Court (outside Harrah's), I don't know about "laid-back", but it garners a pretty good mix of people who're there for fun, is easy to navigate.

3. Sidekicknicholas

Sidekicknicholas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gold Lounge is usually pretty laid back, they have open bar deals too.

Rockhouse @ IP is very laid back, cheap bottle service but you might run into the "fratty" style guys there since beer pong is highlighted.

Cathouse @ Luxor is a lounge/club but the dress code is a bit more loose... I've been in with a t-shirt and jeans (although we had a shitload of booze at our table so maybe they bent the rules a bit).

It is getting into the "dbag club scene" but I've never had a bad time a Pure (and can always get Buy1Get1 bottles on Friday and Saturday)... sure you'll get some Ed Hardy looking guys, but honestly it is unavoidable in Vegas.... best thing to do is expect it and just keep doing your own thing. I honestly thought I would hate clubs (coming from a really small town in Wisconsin, it isn't really our thing).... but I've never had more fun than in some of them in Vegas.

Some of the Palms clubs are a bit more calm and Voodoo at Rio is pretty laid back.

If you want to get straight wasted I reccoming Frankie's Tiki Room.... it is off the strip but the drinks are awesome!

..... again pretty much anywhere you go expect to see dbags, it is a given... but usually they're at places that are loaded with beautiful women.... it is a trade off you might have to make.

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NIck is spot-on. All good suggestions. Rockhouse at IP is closed due to Linq contstruction for the time being though.

5. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i would suggest chatue on a week day or weekend.the outdoor roof deck not to crowded and very easy to get in.its still a club but outdoors is imnive vstrip view and less hassle than our

6. redguy88

redguy88 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm also searching for the same.

7. Naturaleight

Naturaleight High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gold Lounge and the Cathouse sounds good.

Do you have any other suggestions for places within MGM properties? We can use our express comps and RFB offer for free drinks at these places.

Does Red Rock have anything to offer for the younger crowd?

8. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nine Fine Irishmen at NYNY

10. MUFC

MUFC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rhumbar at Mirage is pretty laid back and the drinks are really good.

11. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    might be a stretch and i might get crap for making this suggestion...

why not try Hooters Mad Onion bar ?

very laid back not rowdy at all. Its on you left hand side when you walk into hooters. AND brewes are $1.50 for non players...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.