1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Labor Day Weekend crowds? - Voodoo Lounge and Ghostbarr

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by ono, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ono

ono Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking at going to either Voodoo or Ghostbar on Labor Day weekend, specifically Sunday. I know these holiday weekends are usually among the busiest, but is it a little better on Sunday vs. Friday/Saturday?

Anyone have any suggestions on which one is better? Which one is cheaper (cover and/or drinks)? I've only been to Ghostbar, but it's always been as a hotel guest so there was no cover or anything. Just wanting something (relatively) mellow with a nice view, it will be our first night there.

TIA

2. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Don't quote me on this, because I haven't been to Ghostbar in years but I'm going to say that Voodoo is cheaper. Ghostbar seems more of a lounge to me, Voodoo is more like a club. If you have already done Ghostbar I would suggest you try Voodoo, it's my fav as far as views go with a much larger outdoor area. :thumbsup:

3. DJ Ran

DJ Ran High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a crazy weekend to go, every club & lounge will be packed. Between the 2, go with the Voodoo. Keep in mind, it will be an older crowd there. :cheers:

4. MUFC

MUFC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would recommend Voodoo. I was there on labour day weekend a couple of years ago and it is busy. I think it's good to be in Vegas when it's busy though as i think there is an extra 'buzz' about the place. There is little to choose between Voodoo and Ghostbar but if you have done Ghostbar then i would say try the other. Unbelievable views from Voodoo!

5. Sidekicknicholas

Sidekicknicholas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're looking for a place with a view Mix or Foundation Room at Mandalay Bay might be an option too... they have a great view and are more of a "lounge" setting

6. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Labor Day is PACKED

Long weekend. College football starting. Pro football starts on Wednesday. All the football bettors will be there that go to Vegas to bet football.

All clubs will be packed.

Either or in my opinion. Both are the same. Voodoo and Ghost Bar both have views of the entire strip. Down at Mandalay Bay you look UP the strip to the north.

For those that think Ghost Bar is a LOUNGE, it is not. The MUSIC is LOUD. Tha dancing happens out on the balcony. Yes, there is no dance floor inside, but there is usually no room to walk. You have to shout to be heard by the bartender. If open, there are two bars outside a set of stairs on both sides of the balcony. That is where you will usually find me. The see through glass floor has gotten pretty dirty. It is more foggy opaque than translucent in my opinion. In the old days, Ghost Bar was a lounge area where you could sit and drink and chat. Now, it is ear splittingly loud.

If you go to Voodoo you should be able to find free passes to Voodoo laying around over at the Rio. I always do so I don't pay cover. Palms should let you into the club free. If not, ask to be on the guest list when you check in. If they still do that.

I am a PALMS stayer but with all the changes this trip is where I find out what all the changes are.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.