1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Labor Day from SoCal

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by MisterJJ, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterJJ

MisterJJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've got a Labor Day trip planned and will be driving from San Diego. I'll be leaving Saturday morning, Sept. 1st. I expect traffic to be heavy, but not unreasonable. I'm greatly concerned with the return trip on Monday, Sept. 3rd. I drove back on a Monday evening following a 3-day weekend many years ago and it took over 2 hours to get to Primm. I think there may have been an accident or two as contributing factors, but I'm not sure.

So... Does anybody have any further experience with returning on a Monday of a 3 day weekend? I would like to wait until mid-afternoon to leave but will leave earlier if it will make a significant difference in the drive.

2. DonD

DonD Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember an article a few years ago that said something about Labor Day weekend was not as busy as other three day weekends in Vegas. It was something about people getting their kids stuff ready for the start of school.

3. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have discovered that the only way to really avoid all the traffic back to SoCal is to be on the road before everybody else gets up. We skip the morning showers and grab breakfast in Primm from the drive-thru at McDonalds. Waiting any longer than that puts you at the mercy of too many crazy, hungover party boys/girls.

4. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in the high desert near Victorville. Last Fathers Day weekend it took me 6 hours to get to Las Vegas. Construction on the over pass, I think is what slowed us to a crawl just out of Barsow, but I didn't see anything just signs about road work.

I will be going for Labor Day weekend also. We are leaving before it is light out on the 30th and coming home Sept 4th. I think I should miss some of the traffic.

We avoid the freeway on weekends. Holidays are the worst. It is always stopped by vegas traffic by afternoon on weekend.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.